Computer Speakers

I want to buy some new computer speakers. I have KLIPSCH 2.1 promedia at the moment, but need to replace them. Their sound is pretty awesome. However, cant find the same model now. I don't do any gaming, just listen to music and internet radio. I am interested in the Logitech z-2300 speakers which seem to match my Klipsch speakers pretty closely, but my vendor says it's 'short' and has suggested some other model, the x-640. Does anyone have any suggestions? My budget is upto 12,000, and I want 2.1's -- thanks.

Since i have bought a computer i have never used computer speakers, instead i bought a big ..all in lg deck which not only give me a powerful room stereo(with cd changer mp3 radio cassete etc etc,,) but also gives me a some awesome sound in games or dvd movies...actually i have it turned down a little bit because it is so loud that i start to hear a ringing in my ears sometimes ..any lg, sony, philips deck would be good,,,u can get it for 12000 with sound surround, rock bass settings plus alot of extras..mine is 3000 watt pmpo...just hook up the cable to your motherboard line in and u r good to go

otherwise i would suggest this DECODER DTS-100 creative for rs 8300 the rest you can use to buy speakers...

or//

if you really want to get a excellent sound then you have to increase your budget..go for professional level Maudio satellites used by musicians in studios , each for 12000 rs available from agn karachi...

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileAV40-main.html

I have a brand new set of Bose Companion 3 computer speakers (box packed) that I could sell you for around 14 k, however keep in mind that they are 110v and you would need to get a custom 110-220 v converter made for them. Would cost about Rs. 1000, I've been too lazy to get it done, lol.

They are also available from Bose dealers in Pakistan around 20 k. Sound is the best you can get from 2.1 computer speakers. Email me if you're interested.

simg_t_os19116923b57520d5ebb4a168b1c19e30e79a7f0jpg?rm_____D_5uf3GKC

Bose is meh. So are most computer speakers. If you want sound quality, invest the same amount of money in headphones. A Senn. HD595 will produce better sound then any of these speakers can ever dream of.

^ I disagree. Although there are some really good headphones out there, they'd never compare with speakers. Especially if you like bass, you need a subwoofer, so you can really feel it!

actually i find altec lansing to be the best in terms of sound quality and budget! and for more budget and less sound quality creative is good

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ I disagree. Although there are some really good headphones out there, they’d never compare with speakers. Especially if you like bass, you need a subwoofer, so you can really feel it!
[/quote]

Subwoofers are pointless. A good speaker will never need sub-woofer. I’ve heard KEF Reference 207 as simply a 2-channel setup and it never needed a subwoofer. It handled the double-bass remarkably. But the way it produces electric guitar is stunning.

And bass is relative to one’s volume. On a headphone you’ll never go as loud as on a speaker (yes, even if you take into the fact that sound falls with distance) , so you don’t need pumping bass. My senns produce amazing bass. Infact, I prefer them to the Klipsch iFi that I own! The bass reproduced by the Senn. is much more detailed. You can actually hear the instrument.

If you spend $500 on a speaker setup and $500 on headphones, the headphones will run circles around those speakers. I can promise you this. More bass ≠ Good sound quality. Good sound quality has so many factors like for instance, timbre, decay, tone, warm/cold. Since you’re in Canada, try to listen to a Grado RS-1 with an headphone amplifier. Grado are the best headphones out there for reproducing the electric guitar.

Sure, if you love music, buy all means buy the best speaker set that you can get (like I did :D). But computer speakers are not meant for music, they’re meant for games. Thats why they have a pointless subwoofer that goes THUMP THUMP and nothing else.

Oh and by the way, I hope you renovate your room incase you do get expensive speakers. Your room would actually make a bigger difference the speakers itself.

EDIT:

Read this http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/gradobig3.htm

Yes, they may look ugly as sin to most people, but I love the retro styling. Besides, nothing beats listening to Hendrix or Gilmour on these babies!

thanks, but i don't really want headphones -- i want EVERYONE to enjoy (and suffer) the music, LOL! - I like what you have done, Jack -- great idea! But would I need to have a good sound card?

I used to think headphones were crap too. That was before I got my Sony MDR-XD200 headphones at a relatively cheap price. They changed/improved my perception of sound so much that I now use them exclusively. I have delayed purchasing of a 5.1 audio system just because I have these excellent headphones already. Oh, and I don't want neighbors banging on my door asking me to turn down the volume if I ever do get a 5.1 system - which isn't a problem with headphones.

WELL, to tell you the truth, i really wouldn't mind buying another set of the Klipsch. Does anyone know where I can get them? I called Desert Sound, but they don't have them. i am referring to the Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media speakers. And, although headphones are great, I like to listen to music while doing other stuff too.

thanks, but i don't really want headphones -- i want EVERYONE to enjoy (and suffer) the music, LOL! - I like what you have done, Jack -- great idea! But would I need to have a good sound card?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

its very important to have a sound card, nowadays motherboards comes with hd sound chips and they are just ok...any music afficionado needs to have a good sound card to really listen to their cds and mp3 and then you will hear and feel the difference

those who think headphones are even comparable to a 5.1 surround system just seriously need to get a reality check.

@PsychedelicBreakfast

does your headphone give your true 5.1 surround sound? oh and computer speakers not meant for music? wow i've heard everything now.

What does a 5.1 system give you?

Great sound quality? No. It is merely a gimmick unless you own a large collection of DVDs and great speakers. And please, please, don't consider those small table-top speakers to be good. If you want an example of a great speaker, see some by KEF, Wilson Audio, B&W.

Do you have 5.1 channel music? Do you even know what formats surround music is distributed on? Ever heard of DVD-A or SACD? I own albums SACD and DVD-A, and the 5.1 part of the discs are not as good as the "5.1 marketing" makes it out to be.

The reason for that is simple, mastering a 5.1 disc is not easy, 9/10 mixes I hear are just boring. There is no sound-stage, and if there is, its not as detailed as one in stereo.

And please don't judge me or if I need a reality check unless you actually own a real (http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/full-size/grado-gs-1000.php) headphone with a proper setup; high quality source + headphone amplifier + Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, Beyer Dynamic or Ultrasone.

And yes, I maintain my statement. Computer speakers are not meant for music. Ever heard of KEF, Wilson Audio? No. I thought so. Try listening to music on them in a room designed for audiophile listening. Then you'll realize what great audio quality really is.

@Breakfast:

dude what do you do? :o

ha ha. I'm glad I'm causing so much controversy over mere computer speakers ---LOL!!! This is fun.

PsychedelicBreakfast

First of all, I didn't mention music in my posts. If you're happy watching Star Wars and Lord of the rings wearing headphones, be my guest, but don't ask others to do so.

does your headphone give your true 5.1 surround sound? oh and computer speakers not meant for music? wow i’ve heard everything now.
[/quote]

:) You did mention music. Not movies. Don’t go against your word when confronted.

I’m sure you have lots of fun watching movies in 5.1 - without considering how much your room affects the sound. Infact, I’m quite sure no one even bothers to properly adjust the front speakers as well.

Do you know how much sound comes out of rear speakers? Less then 10%, I assure you. And before you accuse me of not listening to a good setup, I’ve listened to two reference class home theaters, and that is a different experience then 5.1 computer speakers - of which 99% are a complete joke. Yes, even the famous Logitech Z-5500 or whatever it is. I would rather buy 2 studio monitors for $200 then get any computer speaker.

I have not and I never have asked anyone to watch a movie here on headphones. I only talked about music, so stop putting words in my mouth and stop denying what you said - which was basically implying that I don’t know what I’m talking about.

@Breakfast:

dude what do you do? :o

[/quote]

What do you mean?

Ok I think that's enough. The guy wants to buy speakers. If you don't have a recommendation for speakers, please stay out.