Computer science or mbbs

please anyone help me i have got admission in comsats in computer science but i do not know what is the scope of this field in pakistan.my second choice is doing mbbs from china please any one guide me which one is better

Computer science? What specific degree/course?

Become a doctor. There a few jobs in the computer field in Pakistan.

Medical field should b priority if ther r already doctors in ur family or close relatives bcoz now it z v dificult 2establish urself as a doctor in big cities,also v expensiv studies if u r going 2china or privat institut in pak+5years of devotion in studies&aftr graduation from china u wil hav2 pass pak med&dental council exam 4registration in pak then 1year housejob.In computers u hav many chances of going abroad this field z so vast u can choose any1 of them.Try 2do what interests u more&what ur mind accepts easily.

computer science have good job market in Pakistan specially in Karachi but first thing keeping in mind is you must have interest in programming or software engineering.Other thing which i prefer computer science over doctor is its take many years to become a doctor and not only u have to do house job+specialization=10 years or more.

Although its a good thing you're considering the job market when trying to decide your major, you're giving it too much priority. When you choose your major, you should go with something you like (preferably LOVE with a passion) and something you can see yourself doing 30-40 yrs from now. It depends on your goals and ambitions.

Reason I say this is, if you like what you do, you'll be dedicated and motivated to work hard at it, instead of regretting every single day of work. And if you have a real passion for what you do, chances are you'll push to become very good at it (if not one of the best). There is demand for GOOD professionals in every field, be it medical, engineering, computer science etc. But you have to stand out from the rest of the people in that area. So in a nutshell, medical and computer science are fairly different areas. Choose one which you really enjoy and a lot of opportunities will automatically open up for you.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

please anyone help me i have got admission in comsats in computer science but i do not know what is the scope of this field in pakistan.my second choice is doing mbbs from china please any one guide me which one is better
[/quote]

I am doctor graduated from top ollege of pakistan with honours, my sincere advise to u, become anything but a doctor…

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am doctor graduated from top ollege of pakistan with honours, my sincere advise to u, become anything but a doctor…

[/quote]

i think you are wrong if he wants to be a doctor then let him be a doctor, rather than saying DON"T BECOME DOCTOR, you should tell him that "being a doctor in pakistan is a business, if you want to be successful then you should be a medical businessman + doctor 'cause just being a doctor alone won’t pay your bills. if you look around all the big name doctors in pakistan all of them first own there own hospital (medium size to big size) and they are also doctor there, do your own survey you’ll know"

medical field in pakistan is very commercial if someone is thinking about being a doctor from “KHIDMET E KHALAQ” point of view than man you gonna have a hard time making a living in pakistan as doctor.

@malik_ali:

Do what you love, and love what you do.

yar cq914 what is reason behind your suggestion

play wid ur likins.... if u dig computers than tht the way 2 go and if u want 2 b a doctor thts ur choice...

ok i agree tht SCOPE also counts buts bieng bore the rest of ur life doing wth u dont like is not worth it, just because the SCOPE ov sumthin

Computer Science has no scope here in Pakistan. Computer Engineer does not get a reasonable pay..I don't recommend it in Pakistan...If you are wishing to go abroad to study Computer Science then it's really useful

If you wish to stay here in pakistan then you should prefer being a Doctor and if you are going to china then visit this website http://i.cs.hku.hk/~tse/topten.html

See the Top ten Universities in China and see which one teaches MBBS

Studying from Top Class Universities will help you get a quick job in Public Hosipitals

you should study what you love..why only computer science or doctor, where are the engineers (civil;, electrical etc), or economist or chemists

whatever u study you will find a job,, i know somebody who has a bachelors in "sculpture" from indus valley,,gets 25,000 rs a month from karachi university,,teaches only 2 hours a week..

i have a degree in economics,,i work for a sales dept for a local company,,,sukur hamdollah..i do ok... :)