Computer Resets with UPS

I have 2 different UPS's, tried them both, took them back for warranty repairs, even changed my computer power supply out.... but when the power goes or comes with the load shedding, the computer resets! Its so annoying whats the point of a ups.. it doesnt happen ALL the time I would say around 30% of the time.

If i shut the power from the wall ahead of time myself it works fine doesnt reset.. I've heard other people have this problem too... Any ideas?

hmmm. happens when your comp is at full power and your power supply is low quality or not up to the watts. it will reset.

if u can try and attach one of those old flurocsent bulbs and cut the power see if u notice somethin like the bulb dimmin or somethin

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

if u can try and attach one of those old flurocsent bulbs and cut the power see if u notice somethin like the bulb dimmin or somethin
[/quote]

Yeah. Or else your UPS isn’t designed to cope up with the power demand of your computer.

jeez i thought you are talking about you psu! man!

hey that can happen if you power cable isn't attached properly. the one from psu to ups. happened to me once. mu ups died like "kweeeeen" :lol:.. but i just took the cables of put them again and wala done.

and yes your ups can be faulty or low powered.

I have 2 different UPS’s, tried them both, took them back for warranty repairs, even changed my computer power supply out… but when the power goes or comes with the load shedding, the computer resets! Its so annoying whats the point of a ups… it doesnt happen ALL the time I would say around 30% of the time.

If i shut the power from the wall ahead of time myself it works fine doesnt reset… I’ve heard other people have this problem too… Any ideas?

[/quote]

I had the same problem with my system few months ago, then I tried different UPS’ and nothing worked. Then I had system’s powersupply replaced with a new and better one. now its all fine. A new and higher capacity powersupply was installed.

well how come when i manually unplug the UPS from the wall 100 times when there is no load shedding to test it clicks on just fine computer doesnt even blink let alone reset! So how does the stoppage/ "returnage" of power through load shedding/generator cause this problem occasionally

maybe ur UPS is cursed =D

scary-clown-2005.gif

well how come when i manually unplug the UPS from the wall 100 times when there is no load shedding to test it clicks on just fine computer doesnt even blink let alone reset! So how does the stoppage/ “returnage” of power through load shedding/generator cause this problem occasionally
[/quote]

yeah nothing wont happen if you unplug it manually. but if you cut the power thru breaker thing then your system will most likely restart. :lol: I have tested it. I think UPS cant bear a natural shock. :lol:

hahah thats funny. natural shock. its not that natural. you inflicted it!

isn't it happening because of the switch time?

there is a small delay between the light going and the UPS switching on during which the computer restarts. even my cordless turns off when the light goes because of this delay.

i had the same problem a while back, heres how you fix it.

AC POWER > UPS > SERVO STABILIZER > PC

what that means is,

connect the ups directly into the wall socket

plugin the servo stabilizer into the ups

plugin the pc power cable into the stabilizer

AC POWER (WALL SOCKET) > UPS > SERVO STABILIZER > PC

i had the same problem a while back, heres how you fix it.

AC POWER > UPS > SERVO STABILIZER > PC

[/quote]

A small chinese made-for-pc UPS can also do the job. But that’s a plausible solution too, albeit expensive.

dude this will happen if ur UPS is not build for pc use.... the ups build for pc use dont hav a nack of miliseconds which is capable of flushing ur ram.....

the ups build for pc use dont have that very small time delay and thts keeps your pc going without a restart....

if the ups u r usin is a "build For PC'' one and still it makes ur computer goes to restart then there cud be many problems which can cause this....

1. the initial kick-back load is greater than the ups is capable of handlin

2. there may be somthin wrong with ur ups

true the time delay is everything, its usually 1ms but theres no real way to measure exactly what it is, concerning the kickback, if you monitor the voltage of the standard ac output it'll hover around 190-200 but through the ups its significantly higher, around 220-230. that sudden hit of variable voltage causes the pc's power supply to reset.

isn’t it happening because of the switch time?
[/quote]

no i dont think so. i am still using that same UPS, i just updated my system’s powersupply and the problem was solved.

i tried replacing the power supply but that dint make any difference in my case.

i tried replacing the power supply but that dint make any difference in my case.
[/quote]

so it must be the switch time!