Computer hangs before BIOS

Hello, this is my first post! I need help regarding a problem with my computer, hope someone can solve this problem for me!

Whenever I start my computer, it hangs for 20-30 seconds before the BIOS screen loads and then after that, Windows loads. So first, a screen giving information on my graphics card (9600gso) loads...then the screen goes black with only a underscore (_) on the top left, stays like this for 20-30 seconds...then the bios screen loads (intel graphic, "press f2 to enter setup" thing)...then windows loads.

I run Vista ultimate (32bit) on a c2d processor with 2GB ram. My vista install dvd came preloaded with vistaloader for activation, and i thought that was causing the startup delay. I unsintalled that using VOATKTools, but still startup is so slow. I suspect either my video card (9600gso) or my tv tuner causes the problem now.

Anybody have any suggestion on what I should do? Please let me know if i have missed any information regarding the problem.

If everything (all hardware) works fine then it might be (I am not sure) issue of harddisk detection. Maybe you have wrong jumper on harddisk and connected to wrong connector (i.e., slave and master problem).

What happens if you turns off auto-detection of harddisk in BIOS and pre-select your harddisk?

It could also be possible that you have mistakenly turned on Remote Booting (Network booting) in BIOS. BIOS will try to search for network booting server and if it can't find it then it boot from local (harddisk). This could also add extra time in BIOS. Check your BIOS' manual for this setting.

If you still have problem then tell us, maybe some other Wiredian may help you out.

@afcc

I have faced an issue some thing like that (not exactly as you described)

I just started getting delay of a few seconds after and on the intel logo. if I say more precisely, then some delay was occured on the Intel Graphics and after that the cursor(-) starts blinking on the top left corner. and after the delay windows actually boots in its normal way.

So I got it fixed in BIOS. there was a little option in Drive Configuration with the clear title "Hard Drive Pre-Delay". that was to be disabled actually. so I did. and the issue was just gone.

may be your issue is also like that. and the board version could probably be the different with you. there might also be an option some thing like that.

you should try it. may be it helps.

but not sure.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

If everything (all hardware) works fine then it might be (I am not sure) issue of harddisk detection. Maybe you have wrong jumper on harddisk and connected to wrong connector (i.e., slave and master problem).

What happens if you turns off auto-detection of harddisk in BIOS and pre-select your harddisk?

It could also be possible that you have mistakenly turned on Remote Booting (Network booting) in BIOS. BIOS will try to search for network booting server and if it can’t find it then it boot from local (harddisk). This could also add extra time in BIOS. Check your BIOS’ manual for this setting.

If you still have problem then tell us, maybe some other Wiredian may help you out.

[/quote]

as wampyr said it could be wrong Booting from options in BiOS ,

just an advice 'never leave any Disc in your Compact drive . :)