Computer and related equipment Display Showroom in Rawalpindi Saddar

A friend of mine is planning to open Computer related hi tech showroom on Bank Road, Saddar, Rawalpindi on 2nd floor with area of 4000'sq feet.

His concern is will the display showroom be a success on 2nd floor with high rental etc.

Furthermore, his idea is to give the clients a feel of the products.

Something like SONY electronics showrooms, he is more concerned about quality and customer services than offering cut throat prices.

Any suggestions on this or any computer related person willing for joint venture will be appreciated.

There is already a Sony showroom (on ground floor) close to Burger Express on Adamjee Road (parallel to Bank Road).

Sony has same quality everywhere, if it is genuine Sony and not a bootleg copy.

There is no proper "customer service" in Pakistan. I have never seen any Pakistani satisfied with after sales service. That is because no dealer or shop provide customer-service/warranty that is given in other countries.

Yes, I have seen Sony showroom......just referring it as a benchmark.

In general our society is a price concious not quality concious , so with some quality offerings with good customer service and probably higher prices, he should be targetting companies and not individuals, as most of the individuals in our society will end up finding the cheapest shop in ther market and will shop from there and they don't care much about after sales service or you can say wouldnt be willing to pay higher for such services.

But when it comes to companies buying bulk of computers or other electronic office equipement they now a days do one or two year after sales service contracts too with the vendor, this is kind of audience he should be targetting.

If you ask me that whether I shall buy an item from such shop then my honest answer will be "NO". I go for cheap products. Because whether its genuine Sony or China-made-bootleg. If it goes bad, repair is almost impossible or very expensive.

From last 8 to 10 years, the attitude of repair-shops have changed so much that they simply refuse to repair and ask you to buy new one or trade with something they have in their shop (of course by giving more money).

In Pakistan, repair shops are turned into exchange shops.

^Thats true, my LG Vacuum Cleaners plastic cord tube thingy was ruined and they couldn't get a spare even though before buying we asked them if they could replace it for us. Now my LG Washing Machine's touchpanel (they call it, its just buttons) was ruined somehow. We sent it for getting fixed, they said they could get a new part. Now they don't even answer our calls. :mad: Never going for LG again.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

A friend of mine is planning to open Computer related hi tech showroom on Bank Road, Saddar, Rawalpindi on 2nd floor with area of 4000’sq feet.

His concern is will the display showroom be a success on 2nd floor with high rental etc.

Furthermore, his idea is to give the clients a feel of the products.

Something like SONY electronics showrooms, he is more concerned about quality and customer services than offering cut throat prices.

Any suggestions on this or any computer related person willing for joint venture will be appreciated.

[/quote]

There are two areas where I can see improvement in customer service:

- Honestly dealing with warranty claims

- Monitor showroom

Regarding monitors, most dealers out there are loathe to allow their customers to sample the output of monitors. If you are willing to go through the hassle of allowing customers to view various monitors in action you could make some sales. Or its possible that people will try out your monitors but will just go to cheaper shop to make the purchase :).