Coming to islamabad, wifi information needed

i am coming to islamabad for one month, since i am going to be out all the time as tourist so residential internet is no good for me, please help me with wifi hotspots in islamabad and which company i need to contact , tel numbers and websites links, any help will be greatly acknowledged

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i am coming to islamabad for one month, since i am going to be out all the time as tourist so residential internet is no good for me, please help me with wifi hotspots in islamabad and which company i need to contact , tel numbers and websites links, any help will be greatly acknowledged
[/quote]

there are a few hotspots in islamabad some are free

but i u need the net for simple browsin why dont u just use GPRS?

ruhaan bhai cell internet access was the first thing i inquired but all the pakistani friends i have here in usa who have returned from pakistan, they told me gprs is totally not reliable and even if works its very slow, to be honest i don't if its true for now 'cause last trip one of my friend made to pakistan was about year ago. i heard a whole lot about wfi in pakistan thats its getting popular so this is why i inquired.

ruhaan bhai cell internet access was the first thing i inquired but all the pakistani friends i have here in usa who have returned from pakistan, they told me gprs is totally not reliable and even if works its very slow, to be honest i don’t if its true for now 'cause last trip one of my friend made to pakistan was about year ago. i heard a whole lot about wfi in pakistan thats its getting popular so this is why i inquired.
[/quote]

wifi is not as popular here as it is in the US as for GPRS

its a hit n miss works great for some ppl for other ppl its crap

there are also CDMA providers here to but even with them its a hit n miss

Yeah your best bet is Warid Unlimited GPRS or Telenor Edge.

you still got CDMA, it is virtually dead here in usa, but for this i will need to buy new CDMA cell phone, and only for one month i don't think my parents would be kind enough to buy me new cell phone which will be of no use when i'll return from pakistan.

as i already have gsm phone with wifi and it has the ability to work as conduit for my laptop to give me internet access. is there any gsm cell company which can give me good data speed lets say edge or something equal.

you still got CDMA, it is virtually dead here in usa, but for this i will need to buy new CDMA cell phone, and only for one month i don’t think my parents would be kind enough to buy me new cell phone which will be of no use when i’ll return from pakistan.

as i already have gsm phone with wifi and it has the ability to work as conduit for my laptop to give me internet access. is there any gsm cell company which can give me good data speed lets say edge or something equal.

[/quote]

Forget about Wifi.There are limited hotspots in Pakistan however GPRS works everywhere.

You could also consider just buying a few dialup hours. I mean for a month, I assume your needs would be pretty basic like checking email etc.

You could also consider just buying a few dialup hours. I mean for a month, I assume your needs would be pretty basic like checking email etc.
[/quote]

sah bhai, i won’t be needing dial up, my chacha in pakistan already have residential internet so i can check it there. my main need is from mobility factor, my cousins in pakistan already made plans to take me to explore country side.

my last trip to pakistan when i was 10 years old and now i am 17, as for needs being basic! confidentially speaking i’ll be leaving my girl behind for a month whom i need to stay in contact with.

Forget the internet in the country, GPRS doesnt work there. If u still want it, I have found telenor EDGE to be the best. I have tried all telenor, mobilink, ufone and Warid gprs/edge.

Internet via satellite should work. Would be expensive though!