Combine Two Processors of Computer?

Is it possible to combine the hardware of two computers for better processing?

Your thread tittle is different than your Post comment which is confusing me but i am gonna tell you according to your thread title which i think you are asking how to use 2 cpu's in one computer? :rolleyes:

you can get motherboards that support multiple cpu's but they are generally aimed at the server market not for single user :mellow:

feedback

[quote=“zed2, post:, topic:”]

Is it possible to combine the hardware of two computers for better processing?

[/quote]

Yes it is possible. Use super-glue or better use industrial strength epoxy glue. Ordinary glue may fail due to high heat produced by two processors. Apply glue and hold both processors together for at least 1 to 5 minutes, better leave them overnight. By morning they’ll combine their power and become Voltron. :P

Joke asides, use Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7 as they have multiple processors on same die. Or you can use server motherboards and have multiple itanium processors. Or you can use specialized hardware, operating system and software to do distributed processing of specialized software. It all depends on how much money you have, we are talking about millions (at least in Rupees). As of now, it is not possible to combine two ordinary PCs, it need specialized operating system, which we don’t have in current consumer grade Windows or consumer grade Linux distros.

P.S. Combining processors with glue was a joke. Do NOT do it. :)

[quote=“wampyr, post:3, topic:16809”]

Yes it is possible. Use super-glue or better use industrial strength epoxy glue. Ordinary glue may fail due to high heat produced by two processors. Apply glue and hold both processors together for at least 1 to 5 minutes, better leave them overnight. By morning they’ll combine their power and become Voltron. :P

Joke asides, use Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7 as they have multiple processors on same die. Or you can use server motherboards and have multiple itanium processors. Or you can use specialized hardware, operating system and software to do distributed processing of specialized software. It all depends on how much money you have, we are talking about millions (at least in Rupees). As of now, it is not possible to combine two ordinary PCs, it need specialized operating system, which we don’t have in current consumer grade Windows or consumer grade Linux distros.

P.S. Combining processors with glue was a joke. Do NOT do it. :)

[/quote]

Thanks wampyr for comprehensive replying. My question was for ordinary processors and you solve it. Thanks again.

EVGA SR-2 :P

if you are not able to buy a Ci3, Ci5 or Ci7 the just buy a Cor2duo processor and you will be able to use 2 processors at a time