Coke Studio

Guys i think coke studio is a brilliant place for all pakistani muscians/singers..I am simply loving the idea and the execution..Very well done Coke, i am really Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.... :)

Sure it is a mature showcase of concentrated power with riotous groove jams, super-sized hooks and transcendent vocal arrangements. Excellent initiative by Rohail Hyatt. It runs the gamut from classic funk rock and jazz to eastern classical and semi classical. Ali Azmat, Omran, Mannu and Gumby did venture into hypnotic Jazz reprise of Deewana too. Shamaan Paiyaan was one wild melodic rush carbon copy of Michael Brook’s music by all our amazing musicians. Above all, it was very genuine to see and listen the songs “Live” actually in a dead studio… Mannu is doing excelling work on Bass guitar.. probably comparable to the grooves that of Brian O’Connell. More bumpy rides can be added by Mekaal Hasan Band performing in the Coke Studio..

on the other hand, the cinematography is bit lacking and not able to transform all the nitty gritty and essence of playing live music..

EVEN THEN I am a big fan of it..

Was going to start a new thread but found this one already...

Coke Studio, I just watched 1st time, in season 3 which has currently started, Arif Lohar with his new Jugni titlled "Chambey di booty".

It's awesome. I think I missed a lot of top notch music from Pakistan. there is lot of potential I would say.. I just loved listening and listening and listening and watching the following video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMrOtO7OFnA

I would say it a brilliant setup by Coke, awesome musicians, fantastic live performances, cinematography.

What a grace we have in music industry, the only thing what's needed I think it's the investment.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
on the other hand, the cinematography is bit lacking and not able to transform all the nitty gritty and essence of playing live music..
[/quote]

I think not so. unlikely said above, in real It's the cinematography which really suites live music performances... The editing is however lacking (very rarely to mention) when not covering the artists with running vocals but not all the time. It was awesome I would say..

I would like you guys just to listen once. It's really good...

a friend of mine shared the above video of Arif lohar and meesha & i came here to create a thread on Coke studio.... and here KA already bumped one....

From the last three days i have been listening to coke studio music dont know if this is official channel of coke studio or not,,, but i am loving every song of it... have already downloaded most of the songs from this channel....

I would say it a brilliant setup by Coke, awesome musicians, fantastic live performances, cinematography.

What a grace we have in music industry, the only thing what's needed I think it's the investment.

[/quote]

No doubt we have wonderful artists, and the coke studio is doing a good job

Yeah i must say Coke Studio is doing brilliant job..... they blend two different types of Genres and the product is simply AWESOME..

I recommend this song to everyone must listen at least once...

Coke Studio Rocks

I happen to listen to this song a few days ago while driving to office. I really liked the tune and style which was fresh. Arif Lohar's voice was immediately recognizable but I didn't know who the other singer is. I thought that is some another male singer but just now I came to know that the other singer is a female haha!

Wow!

And for the first time I listened to this song from the beginning and saw video and I am hooked from the start!!! I mean the starting music is so soothing and on top of that the powerful voice of Arif Lohar, that it can go on and go one and go on and I can listen to it until it never ends.

Amazing composition and vocals by both Arif Lohar and Meesha Shafi. This is what I call real music which is done live!!! the instrument, the atmosphere, the artists, the vocals, the presentation!

I mean we are so used to recorded music that when such performance comes, it hit us directly.

And the other song which is also famous these days and which I also happen to listen while driving is Zeb and Hania's BiBi Sanam Janem!! That is another super duper song and she has so soft and beautiful voice in this song that it's mind blowing.

Edit: By the way I just recommended this new Chambay De Booti song to one of my American client haha

:) Dum gutku, dum gutku, dum gutku, dum gutku :)

It's pretty good to listen such sufi messages with some fast beat of modern era. I especially purchased A4tech HU-510 head phones after listening to Arif's song (Alif Allah Chambey di booty), Ali Zafar's (Yar Daddi), (Dastaan-e-Ishq - Ali Zafar), () and Atif's (Mai ne Mein). Garaj Baras by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Ali Azmat was awsome.

Upcoming (Naina de akhay) on 20th June by Rizwan & Muazzam is also very touchy.

Their popularity is so much that now Dr. Younis Butt mae parody song of Coke Studio. Remember, almost every comedian's script starts with insult of a great superstar. So, real super stars are coming in Coke Studio.

:) Dum gutku, dum gutku, dum gutku, dum gutku :)

my fav :

, can listen this all day

Coke Studio now with third edition it really boosting music industry of Pakistan, a plat form where the singers are showing and expressing their hidden talent which is not expose in their albums.

Keep up the Good Work Coke Studio, its team, crew and all other related to its making as a successful out come i.e Product

Great Work by Coke Studio

This is for Heavy Metal lovers

Arif Lohar "Babar Shayr lageyae (ببر شیر لگیا)O My God " for Louis 'Gumby' Pinto

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: You call this heavy metal??? Its perhaps a new genre of metal music called CRAP METAL. :P

Listening metal is so much fun, but the song by Mr.Arif is total sh*t cuz its nothing like metal at all. The fact is its not possible for every tom, dick and harry to play metal.

[/quote]

****, LMAO!!!!!!!!!, You call this heavy metal.....LOL!!!!!

^I had the same thoughts about this song! This is the Lightest metal!

may be for you all its light

but to me it is Heavy

:lol: :lol: You call this heavy metal??? Its perhaps a new genre of metal music called CRAP METAL. :P

Listening metal is so much fun, but the song by Mr.Arif is total sh*t cuz its nothing like metal at all. The fact is its not possible for every tom, dick and harry to play metal.

[/quote]

It is, if tom has a really loud voice with no surr.

It is, if tom has a really loud voice with no surr.
[/quote]

Metal may be nothing but a random noise for you, but its simply because you don’t have any taste for it.

We metalheads simply love it and live it. :cool:

\m/ Metal all the way \m/

Arif Lohar can only suck on it, Asad Ahmed should just let go off that fake image he had been carrying it for him Rock n Roll or metal does not exists...

Coke studios is always nice and a great concept but this time i missed Atif Aslam & Saeen Zahoor

I didn't know about the fact that Indians were and are getting too mad to have started their Coke Studio India

I usually read comments on youtube lying down the video and so I noticed a comment that was some thing about desiring for the Coke Studio in India. That's what leaded me to google "Coke Studio in India". And the following are some of the links I got interested to share with you. I don't know why and for what purpose I got interested about this fact. Any ways.

http://www.rashmi-vasudeva.com/1/post/2009/05/coke-ka-nasha.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-want-Coke-Studio-INDIA/127410000625802

http://lifeisorkestra.blogspot.com/2009/07/welcome-to-coke-studio-hear-it-to.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2010/07/12/song-in-a-cola-bottle/