Cod 5 not running

damn i cant run cod5...successful installation...hangs during 1st mission load..blue screen popup for a micro second and pc restart dhuz:((...i can navigate and change setting in menu...but as soon as i start new game or manualy select misson frm mission list...it runs a video...after this scene a missoin loading indicator stucks at middle...blue screen pc restart...wht the hell is this same thing happend to me wid assasian creed, farcry3 n now with this one:( ..is my ram culprit??

i meet the minimum requirements very well for these games

I wish i could help u...........

^ Please don't make pointless posts.

Reinstall DirectX, drivers and if possible ... windows.

Something seems to be a problem other than the game itself. If above three dont get result, run some stress tests on your PC, memtest86 and prime95 to check if anything is the culprit there.

Oh and by any chance you have a Realtek inbuilt audio running on VISTA ? If thats the case ... plug in a microphone :P (no joke, try it. Ended all memory reference errors for me in one go)

yar using win xp...realtek alc883 chipset..other heavy games running very fine...lik nfs undercover, crysis warhead,....exact same prob with the 3 listed games(cod5, assasian cree, farcry3) a blue screen error n pc restart

bump no replies :(

http://ezinearticles.com/?Fix-Blue-Screen-of-Death-Error&id=684683

try updating your graphic card drivers which are WHQL verified.

Do one thing, Right click your computer then click manage. Then select Event Viewer then check out Application, Security and System's logs for any errors. Do this after you have experienced the blue screen and the computer has restarted, There would be some errors in those lists, Find that error and post it here maybe then i can help you it will help in understanding the source of the problem.

@kartoos: yar drivers r up to date :)

@alamode

bro following ur instructions here is the error report

Application error:

Faulting application codwaw.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module codwaw.exe, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x0030d550.

System error:

The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

no errro in security field

now can u help :)

As the error suggests, its a drivers issue. Are you sure they're upto date? If they are try reinstalling them.

Dont use the microsoft update to check if there are latest drivers btw if you're doing that. Download them from here : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

As the error suggests, its a drivers issue. Are you sure they’re upto date? If they are try reinstalling them.

Dont use the microsoft update to check if there are latest drivers btw if you’re doing that. Download them from here : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

[/quote]

yar i hav installed nvidia whql certified 178.24 drivers frm their site…these r the latest one…now reinstalled them but still same result…

Run a driver cleaning utility and install OLDER drivers. Definately a driver problem.

damn updated to latest one now 181.20...still same problem same error msg...wht the hell is wrong with my system??