Coaxil to HDMI converter in pakistan?

i have plasmas and LCDs in my home , all have 3 HDMI inputs , normally the home theaters are attached with any one HDMI port and other 2 are unused , may i know any one have n idea to connect the coaxl cable to HDMI (with any coax to HDMI converter device) ? if so please let me know from where i could get tht device ? in pakistan ?

converting coax to hdmi does not make any sense, and i doubt any such convertor exists. hdmi is used to for hi bandwidth audio and video. Yeah if you have a blu ray player or a PS3, then you would HDMI to get hi def content.

^^ Ditto.

HDMI connects with HDMI only. There are converters available for converting DVI <-> HDMI abroad.

In other words, you have to connect your cable TV connection to the standard RF input.

no , there is a box available which actually convert the coaxil rf signal to HD and then the output will go into the plasma / LCD hdmi input and the result is great ,. i have seen that in usa and hongkong too , but i m searching the same on net the exact same thing on net.

Well if you do find it, let us know the results. As far as I can tell, the results would depend on quality of source signal.

If the source is the shitty cable TV we have in Karachi, then the results could never be good.

HAVE SEEN THE DIFFERENCE THERE IS HONGKONG TOO DEAR , when we connect the rf to the rf input the signal is week and when we connect the rf to the box tht was converting rf to hdmi then the result was dito same as HD movie.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

HAVE SEEN THE DIFFERENCE THERE IS HONGKONG TOO DEAR , when we connect the rf to the rf input the signal is week and when we connect the rf to the box tht was converting rf to hdmi then the result was dito same as HD movie.
[/quote]

HDMI is only backwards compatible with DVI. Now there may be a box which could in theory “upscale” the video that it receives and send those signals over HDMI. But simply upscaling an image can bring it to the size of an image say 1280 x 720 (or more commonly known as 720p, for e.g), so technically it is HD, but a convertor like that would not truly produce an HD result as compared to that of an HD captured video using HD cameras. Simple.

well lets see