Clock to be reversed one hour on November 1

ISLAMABAD, Oct 28 (APP): The clock would be reversed one hour to Pakistan Standard Time (PST) on November 1, says a notification issued here on Tuesday. In view of energy crisis being faced by the country the government advanced PST one hour on June 1 to use more daylight time in a bid to conserve energy. The change put Pakistan’s clock six hours ahead of the GMT.

The move was one of the measures announced by the government on May 14 to save energy that also included closing shopping centres by 9 pm, earlier than the usual 11pm to midnight.

Source: http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=57250&Itemid=38

so guys get ready :D on 31st octber at 11:59 we will back to 11PM :)

finally...we will get the hour that was stolen from us back! :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

finally…we will get the hour that was stolen from us back! :D
[/quote]

it was no stolen govt make us 1 hour oldr in these days/hey can any tell me if a woman give birth to a child @ 11 pm what will happen???

I'll switch it back in advance :P or a few hours later.

Useless things give useless reults!!!

Again reverting to the previous!!!

^ DST is never permanent, not even in the US - who are, by the way, also reversing their DST on Nov 2.

But you're right in saying we got nothing out of it except confusion! :P

thanks god , it is coming back

I’ll switch it back in advance :P or a few hours later.
[/quote]

I have already switched it back :D

DST is usually not as long as it was this time

^The reason is that this is 2nd time in our country that is unusual for us.

yeah y r right , people dnt obey the new timings instead they reschedule their routines according to the old time , and by doing this there is no benefit for the govenment . Before changing the time , we have to start a compaign about the awarness about the day light saving , coz i have seen many educated people talking about day light saving in very insulting manners . Untill and unless we aware people about its benefits , its useless to implement .

I will miss it :P ...

Me too :P

Now guys I think its going to be more confusing now. All during the DST if I told some body time they would ask: "Naya wala k purana wala?" Now they will ask the same question and if you reply : "Naya wala", they will ask:"Kon sa naye wala. Jo ab naya hai ya jo kuch din pehey tak naya tha?!!"

I will miss it :P
[/quote]

same here :(

actually i will surely miss it coz its winter now and now on this time i woke up on 8 for office and i have to come from IQBal town LHR to Defense and its lil cold now driving for half an hr and 15km one way distance , and now from 1st nov i have to woke up on 7 :S , ahh and its mean around 8 its going to be really cold or might be Fog in near future :)

Now guys I think its going to be more confusing now. All during the DST if I told some body time they would ask: “Naya wala k purana wala?” Now they will ask the same question and if you reply : “Naya wala”, they will ask:“Kon sa naye wala. Jo ab naya hai ya jo kuch din pehey tak naya tha?!!”
[/quote]

u r right dude

If someone asks you for the time, tell them to go watch the television. Simple!

yeah y r right , people dnt obey the new timings instead they reschedule their routines according to the old time , and by doing this there is no benefit for the govenment . Before changing the time , we have to start a compaign about the awarness about the day light saving , coz i have seen many educated people talking about day light saving in very insulting manners . Untill and unless we aware people about its benefits , its useless to implement .
[/quote]

almost all of the shopkeepers and a large number of office workers make their schedule according to prayer timings. most Shopkeepers close their shop after magrib prayers, so whatever the time is the shop will stay open till magrib. For some, this means forwarding the clock mean extension in business hour as they open early but closing according the position of SUN rather than hour hand on the wall clock.

Our sweet "ONE HOUR" is back now :)