China Rips Off The iPad With The iPEd

- The iPad finally goes on sale in Japan today. The country's TV news have been covering the launch as well as another product on sale in nearby China: the iPed. According to this TBS news report, the iPed is on sale in Shenzhen, China.

Shenzhen is the location of the largest Foxconn plant, where the iPhone and the iPad are manufactured. The iPed comes packaged in a box that looks like the iPod. But it says iPed.

While it is slightly heavier than the iPad, the device is powered by an Intel chip and runs on Google's open source operating system Android. But like the iPad, it is a multi-media device. And is priced at the equivalent of ¥9,600 (US$105). The iPad is priced at ¥48,800 ($536) in The Land of the Rising Sun. The Japanese television reporters note that in China popular electronics are copied quickly. And China is getting better and better at it. Apple, you better watch out. These guys are gonna eat your lunch. And one day, eat it better than you.

Video :

500x_android.jpg

500x_comparison.jpg

Source

lol iPed :lol:

U haven't seen their "Mecbooks" yet.....

Way to go China, i hate Apple (Don't ask why)

Too thumbs up.

They are our neighbors....:P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Way to go China, i hate Apple (Don’t ask why)

Too thumbs up.

[/quote]

x2 (but i’ll use the word “dislike”)

How can you "rip off" something that is manufactured in your own country? Its not like they are claiming its an apple ipad and infringing on apple's trademark.

Iped Good one ;) Chine Rocks

LOL@ Chinese

Bet Steve Jobs must be jumping up n down on his 100,000 stool that has a apple shaped hole cut out in it. You know what will be great since it runs on Android it will support flash for sure. Adobe should support this product since kissing apples ass will never work. Make a new ad Adobe where u say we Love iPed.

hahaha

good for the chinese

sub china hai, sub china hai

:)