China mobile to get landline licence in pk

few days back i heard on tv that pak gov to give landline licence to cmpak. any body got any further news plz share

^^ yeah PTA is considering it and its under signature phase...!

its like wimax ?

or they will use ptcl old messy cable DP

like in this link

http://karachi.metblogs.com/files/2009/11/ptclOld_dp.jpg

or they will install the new cabling structure ?

no actually complete new landline infrastructure network...!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

no actually complete new landline infrastructure network…!
[/quote]

if that is so, it is very good.

Another monster coming to digg? Noooooooooo

May Allah Almighty saves us from landline. Instead of land line they should promote wireless.

I have seen many times their digging methods in Pakistan either its WorldCall or PTCL, they will damage other pipelines, networks, etc. All the infrastructure is affected from such careless, unplanned digging. About two years have passed when Worldcall laid down their fiber optic in my area, at that time DSL was working at my end but this digging gave so many cuts to PTCL copper cable that now it can very hardly manage voice service in it and what to dream for DSL after such autoposy by Worldcall over PTCL cable.

"Sonay per Sohaga" Worldcall has not yet started its own services after two years duration with damage they did to other networks.

Shame on Pakistani Government who allows such companies to violate rules. Look in UAE where digging is done by same Etisalat Arab and there no damage is reported and if reported then enough compensation is payed to the affecties.

Don't worry it will be only available in KHI,LHR,ISL.They won't give a sh*t to other cities.If they do then the project will be completed in 10 years :D

^Ameeen.

I heard that PTCL also keen to eliminate landline and promote wireless but now this so another landline ?

Excellent development! This will light some fire under PTCL's a**!

We need competition in the landline market. This is good news! Somebody needs to break PTCLs monopoly on landline. It'll also lead to lower internet prices in the future because ISPs will not have to depend on PTCL as much. As it is ISPs complain that PTCL abuses its landline monopoly to price it out of the DSL market too.

^ There is also the fact that any [sensible] land line laid now would be of fiber optic and not copper. That itself would hugely improve the quality of internet connection.

Also, as mentioned above, ISPs could opt for the better landline provider for their internet services.

^ There is also the fact that any [sensible] land line laid now would be of fiber optic and not copper. That itself would hugely improve the quality of internet connection.

Also, as mentioned above, ISPs could opt for the better landline provider for their internet services.

[/quote]

I didn’t consider that! Very good point Asad. What a golden opportunity to wire Pakistan with high bandwidth fibre optics. Imagine the range of multimedia services that could be offered if this is done right!

Excellent development! This will light some fire under PTCL’s a**!
[/quote]

X2

My first thought after reading this Wow, Ptcl is going to have some tough time. Currently I’m only getting 50 Kbps as my maximum download speed on their messy fiber optic network, which used to around 102 kbps.

They need to be …

Another monster coming to digg? Noooooooooo
[/quote]

They just fixed the roads!! :(

PRoblem is not another landline. Problem is just the way in which they digg.

I just hope that this will be better than PTCL service because PTCL don't have satisfied service.

They just fixed the roads!! :(

[/quote]

:S

this is gona be a big prob…

I wish instead of investing land-line, they'll invest in 4G.

They might come with big advertisement campaign but I fear that after a year or two they might face same results as of Local Loop and CDMA companies had faced in previous experiments.

By the way, no open bidding for license? I smell kickbacks and under-the-table transfers :) Mr. 100% at work!

19 posts but where is the source of this news. It looks like another rumor just like DTH. Etisalat can easily pressurize PAkistani Government from their UAE Sheikhs to let this monopoly continue.

This thing is quite similiar to Pak/Iran gas pipe line and Thur Coal Fields. In both cases Iran and China were always willing but it was the Pakistani Government who always came under pressure from internal/external circles. e.g America, UAE, KSA etc.

Don't know when they gonna realize Nationl Interest of Pakistan first.