China mobile phones?

Please share thoughts and experiences about china mobiles?

To you people does it worth to try or not?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Please share thoughts and experiences about china mobiles?

To you people does it worth to try or not?

[/quote]

Do you mean cellphone set made in China or CMPak?

I means China copy of various brands such as NOKIA, SAMSUNG etc.

I have a dual sim chaina mobile set, it is not a copy of some brand.. it is itself a model. i am using it since last 7to 8 months, its working fine.

drawback: battery timging 1 day with full usage. (2 days on stand by and less usage)

8 months before there was not dictionary in chana mobiles,,, but recently mt friend bought N95 copy, that has english ,arabic and even urdu dictionary... only java is missing (in my set also)

These mobiles have surpassed the sales of Nokia , Sony & other companies.

These mobiles are really impressive, my friend bought one for 6000. The screen was huge and it was touch screen, the display was brilliant and the sounds were louder they any other leading brand out there.

Anything similar to this mobile but made be nokia, SE, samsung would at least cost 20,000

What is bad is they don't have warranty at all, if they start giving at least half a year's warranty then that could really boost their sales

upto 4 speakers, huge lcd, touch screen, handwriting recognition, dual camera, bluetooth wat else u want

i dunno why ppl over here compare LOUD (phatphati with low quality) as compared to low (but high quality) sounds.

The Chinese FORGED versions have crappy cameras (sometimes titled as 5 MP but u just get a VGA camera inside), their S/W support is bad.

Sure its nice to get a TouchScreen display in a 6K rupees fone, but most of the phones i've seen, this touchscreen support is buggy and is faulty within a few months of use.

I would never go for a 6-10K Chinese FORGED version, instead i'd buy a genuine phone for that amount (happily accepting the features i'd get with the genuine phone)

LOUD is something new tech, earlier they couldn't do that. Everyone wants to hear whenever their mobile rings. Simple, nothing scientific here. Dont know why you hear phatpati suff, it depends on the quality of the media you store.

Their cameras are 5MP (or whatever they claim), but there's more stuff involved in taking a better picture other then the number of mega pixels it has if you would know.

The touchscreens work fine till they do, i have seen problems in them, but i have seen problems in nokia touchscreens too. But nokia provides warranty china does not.

Its 6k dude, stop comparing it to Nokia or SE who charge 25,000 for a similar product and claim its a music edition or a cybershot edition, they put carl zeiss lens in it and charge 10,000 more but the pictures are still the same.

The things keeping me away from Chinese phones:

1. Poor OS software.

2. Message ringtone not customizable.

If anyone has seen a Chinese cell phone with these two things overcame, please do write here.

Its not only Chinese who's mobile sets touch screen gets faulty after few weeks or months, I got Imate Jamin it touchscreen went mad after I used that #$%# for 8/9 months .I got Sony Ericsson p910i it touchscreen sensor went out of order, I press 9 and 1 is being typed on the screen.I took them to mobile workshop the technician told me sir you will have to buy new Lcd's for them.

LOUD is something new tech, earlier they couldn’t do that. Everyone wants to hear whenever their mobile rings. Simple, nothing scientific here. Dont know why you hear phatpati suff, it depends on the quality of the media you store.
[/quote]

Hmmm no. To hear the difference between a 192kbps and 256kbps MP3, you need very very good equipment with no weak links.

LOUD is not new. The reason why they’re so loud is simply because the sound is amplified too much. The speaker can’t handle it. Thats why there is so much distortion. Your statement “earlier they couldn’t do that” has no basis, at all. It takes very little to design a circuit which can amplify a signal by any amount you want. In some cases, its simply the ratio between two resistors. I should know, I study electronics. And such circuits have been around for ages.

And I’m not comparing it to anything, but distortion is distortion. Infact, I have to beg my friends to turn their speakers off because the distortion hurts my ears.

Oh and 4 speakers are useless.

Their cameras are 5MP (or whatever they claim), but there’s more stuff involved in taking a better picture other then the number of mega pixels it has if you would know.
[/quote]

You can check by the resolution (in pixels) of the images taken. Most of them compare with what is better known as a VGA camera in older models of SE or Nokia, or a 1.3mp nokia if you’re really lucky.

A larger lens usually give better results though. Hehe, there was this one chinese mobile with an extra lens. However, I didn’t bother going into details.

Hmmm no. To hear the difference between a 192kbps and 256kbps MP3, you need very very good equipment with no weak links.
[/quote]

Most people are content 128kbps mp3 files which is not bad at all. 192kbps is almost cd quality audio so anything above that is unnecessary, as everyone rips audio cd’s to make mp3. You can decode a cd in 256kbps but that would only be fooling yourself.

LOUD is not new. The reason why they’re so loud is simply because the sound is amplified too much. The speaker can’t handle it. Thats why there is so much distortion. Your statement “earlier they couldn’t do that” has no basis, at all. It takes very little to design a circuit which can amplify a signal by any amount you want. In some cases, its simply the ratio between two resistors. I should know, I study electronics. And such circuits have been around for ages.
[/quote]

Did you see many LOUD polyphonic mobile phones when they were first introduced in 2002 ?? Plus if you just want to amplify you dont need any circuits or anything. You can easily decode mp3 files and make them as LOUD as you want which cannot be handled by the speakers and you get alot of distortion. But thats not the point. On those phones you can easily play music without distortion, i never said they were the loudest, they easily compete with some of the mid range phones which are pretty loud (w800, D900 etc.)

And I’m not comparing it to anything, but distortion is distortion. Infact, I have to beg my friends to turn their speakers off because the distortion hurts my ears.

Oh and 4 speakers are useless.

[/quote]

I am only comparing it to the other models because they are really cheap. Its only 6k, a quarter of the price and does half the work, and for that they deserve to be appreciated.

I dont want to defend anything i have never used. But i am only saying what i have seen

Costs of Branded phones increase many folds due to many factors, some of them are:

- Marketing Cost

- Brand Name Cost

- Warranty Cost

- Increased Quality Assurance Cost

- Expensive equipment Cost ( for eg. Carl Ziess lens etc )

If you look at a chinese set all of the above factors are missing, hence a cheap product. If some1 is not a brand-concious then he may live up with chinese sets, but those who are brand concious down to the core just can't think of anything beyond that.

These mobiles have broken sound at high volume.

These mobiles have broken sound at high volume.
[/quote]

try playing a high bitrate file and compare results

boys you have here about china mobile of 6300

it is not nokia but

nodia6300

its price is 5000

all features that nokia6300 have it have also that features

intersting

Their cameras are 5MP (or whatever they claim), but there’s more stuff involved in taking a better picture other then the number of mega pixels it has if you would know.
[/quote]

I understand how cameras work in cell phones, there’s alot more than just the hardware which makes for the picture quality, but these chinese phones have 5MP written over the lens where the camera module itself is just soem cheapo VGA/1.3MP module. (that straight cheating with unaware customers), but since these guys dont even give a damn about copyright phone designs, i hardly doubt if they’ve ever thought of caring their potential customers.

The touchscreens work fine till they do, i have seen problems in them, but i have seen problems in nokia touchscreens too. But nokia provides warranty china does not.
[/quote]

No hardware/software is perfect, but these chinese phones makers (copiers??) have no Quality Assurance strategy whatsoever, so they get faulty very soon as compared to branded models.

Its 6k dude, stop comparing it to Nokia or SE who charge 25,000 for a similar product and claim its a music edition or a cybershot edition, they put carl zeiss lens in it and charge 10,000 more but the pictures are still the same.
[/quote]

Thats why one shouldn’t try to get something worth 25000, for 6000 because at the end of the day you get the same quality you’ll get in something worth 6000 rs.