Cheaply Upgrade To Amd Or Intel From P-iii

Dear Members

I have one PC, in addition to notebook, which is branded compaq PIII. I wish to upgrade to higher powered processing, so, can be used fastery and may installe Vista. But most important is that I want to upgrade very cheaply.

I need suggestion whether to upgrde to AMD or Intel and want to use same casing, HDD,DVD. Please let me know cheap upgrade which can run application and VISTA fast.

Would be AMD cheap and good alternate of INTEL?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dear Members

I have one PC, in addition to notebook, which is branded compaq PIII. I wish to upgrade to higher powered processing, so, can be used fastery and may installe Vista. But most important is that I want to upgrade very cheaply.

I need suggestion whether to upgrde to AMD or Intel and want to use same casing, HDD,DVD. Please let me know cheap upgrade which can run application and VISTA fast.

Would be AMD cheap and good alternate of INTEL?

[/quote]

Some one here to gude me

man bassically you need ram, mobos, processor and a supply... (byt if your supply is already 24 pin one then you dont need that)

if you wana buy new things then ur minimum expense would be 5000 atleast(both AMD and Intel).. if want to spend less than that then try used options... i have bought 3 used pcs from galaxy try them out...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

man bassically you need ram, mobos, processor and a supply… (byt if your supply is already 24 pin one then you dont need that)

if you wana buy new things then ur minimum expense would be 5000 atleast(both AMD and Intel)… if want to spend less than that then try used options… i have bought 3 used pcs from galaxy try them out…

[/quote]

You mean Rs. 5,000/- for new processor,ram and motherboard.

for 5000, you won't get a very good hardware capable of running vista smoothly. I would recommend that you spend around Rs. 12000 and buy C2D 2.0 GHz (~ Rs.6000) or better and any motherboard that supports it and 1GB or 2GB Ram depending on your needs.

You can also buy intel Atom based processor and board priced at around 6000/-.

you will also need DDR2 RAM and SATA hdd for it. It will easily run windows vista.