Cheapest way of providing backup power to router

Hey what is the cheapest way in which, we can provide router uninterruptable power, so that it stays on when light is gone

other than using a UPS because i dont think there are UPSs cheaper than 6k rs

i was thinkin that a router just needs 9 volts, cant we provide it through a battery or something like that

I have heard that wateen provides a battery, for 500rs, which provides backup power to routers, cant we get something like that for DSL routers ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hey what is the cheapest way in which, we can provide router uninterruptable power, so that it stays on when light is gone

i was thinkin that a router just needs 9 volts, cant we provide it through a battery or something like that

I have heard that wateen provides a battery, for 500rs, which provides backup power to routers, cant we get something like that for DSL routers ?

[/quote]

They provide it for 1,500rs. Plus, you can get a cheap Chinese UPS for 3,000rs. (try JonCHN - or something like that)

They provide it for 1,500rs. Plus, you can get a cheap Chinese UPS for 3,000rs. (try JonCHN - or something like that)
[/quote]

what are the specs of that UPS, i mean how much VA.

what are the specs of that UPS, i mean how much VA.

[/quote]

I’m not sure about the wateen’s one if that’s what you were referring to, but the 3k one is 500VA.

If you need to provide backup to a router, I'm guessing you also a have a PC around. How do you back that up? Why can't you use the same UPS for the router too? Or am I missing something.

If you need to provide backup to a router, I’m guessing you also a have a PC around. How do you back that up? Why can’t you use the same UPS for the router too? Or am I missing something.
[/quote]

he could be using a wireless router with laptop

[/quote]

man most simple and reliable soltion

buy a six volt motorbike batery and conect it directly to router power it ll work best

i have used this solution for my cordles phone which requires 12v

actualy the logic iz tht the batery has much high potential in it and it can suport thngs with high voltage

have u ever seen a solid coper wire melting by 6volts

try it by conecting a solid coper wire to the terminals of a 6v batery u ll know its power

^ It is not the voltage but the high current passing through the wire when you short the terminals causing it to melt.

This is the cheapest way

Or may be you will end up buying 1000 lemons which will make it costlier. Try it ;)

This is the cheapest way

Or may be you will end up buying 1000 lemons which will make it costlier. Try it ;)

[/quote]

1000 lemons would cost you 5000 rupees

^ It is not the voltage but the high current passing through the wire when you short the terminals causing it to melt.
[/quote]

i mentioned the high potential of the battery

i mentioned the high potential of the battery

[/quote]

Potential is the voltage, not the current. Voltage itself is defined as the potential difference between two points.

Potential is the voltage, not the current. Voltage itself is defined as the potential difference between two points.

[/quote]

whatever yar

i just wana say that battery has cool power