Cheapest Prepaid GPRS Service

i wonder who is offering cheapest prepaid gprs. IF you could share the experience with regards to quality that would be great.

Zong is the cheapest. Best quality will probably be Warid/Telenor. Both are very expensive though.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have a trick for free GPRS of Mobilink, I am using it.
[/quote]

if you have a trick then share, don’t tease…

Telenor is best in high speed but its expensive...they should introduce unlimited or higher volume capped packages...! whereas Zong is cheap but damn too slow!

what you guys are currently paying for your respective prepaid GPRS packages?

I am getting around 7kb per second constant speed of my Zong 2GB monthly package. Pretty handy for checking mails on the go on your computer and visiting light websites. When it was first launched, the Zong EDGE used to have a normal speed of 20k per second, now its much slow.

On the other way

Low Price = Zong Prepaid

High Speed = Telenor

Wide Coverage = Ufone

Expensive = Warid

[/quote]

Speed-wise, in Islamabad, Warid equals or bests the Telenor speeds quoted on this forum.

What package are you using for Telenor that makes it cheaper than Warid, I have not been able to find any packages on their website that makes their prepaid gprs cheaper than Warid.

On warid you can get 10MB for Rs. 30+tax.

i am using indigo GPRS unlimited. speed is perfect, around 18 to 20 KB average. it costs 500 Rs per month.

on the other hand, i used Zong 2 GB bucket for 200 rupees (without tax). and it is pathetic. average speed is never above 7 KB, meaning you get GPRS speed over EDGE. Zong is very bad in sense of service. i complained many times at helpline but no effect.

if you want to use VOIP over you cell, then go for mobilink indigo. or warid (recommended by my friend who is using warid monthly GPRS bucket). but i personally like indigo with the best helpline services and good speed. (plus you get unlimited MMS with you unlimited GPRS package. :) )

i personally believe that telecom operators can explore a huge market in GPRS package still. remember the old sms prices ( 1 rupee for 1 sms or 2 sms) now it costs only 10 paisa for 1 sms mostly.

Many users including me, will like to have EDGE full speed (22 to 28 KB) packages instead of having 1 MB PTCL student packages at home. because i spend only 8PM to 8AM time at home. and most of the time i am depending upon my telecom internet speed and connection .

Err - doesn't anyone know that Telenor's got prepaid GPRS buckets? I use their Rs. 90/45MB one/30 days bundle.

The only gripe I have is that during the daytime, it seems to slow down at times - but I think that's based on the area you live in (and not everywhere).

That way, they charge me Rs. 2 per MB.

Only 1 E1 is dedicated for GPRS/EDGE at a 3-sectored BTS site.

1 E1=2.048 Mbps or 0.25MB/s. If, lets say, 10 users are simultaneously connected at each sector, at an instant, total users will be 30.

Therefore, 0.256/30 = 0.008MB/s or 8.74 kbps, which is what an individual user is getting.

Now it depends upon how many time slots are dedicated for GPRS/EDGE traffic, Class ver. of the MS, propagation losses at the air-interface, etc.

very useful information. but it is sad that even over EDGE we get 8KB. pathetic.

Only 1 E1 is dedicated for GPRS/EDGE at a 3-sectored BTS site.

1 E1=2.048 Mbps or 0.25MB/s. If, lets say, 10 users are simultaneously connected at each sector, at an instant, total users will be 30.

Therefore, 0.256/30 = 0.008MB/s or 8.74 kbps, which is what an individual user is getting.

Now it depends upon how many time slots are dedicated for GPRS/EDGE traffic, Class ver. of the MS, propagation losses at the air-interface, etc.

[/quote]

Err - doesn’t anyone know that Telenor’s got prepaid GPRS buckets? I use their Rs. 90/45MB one/30 days bundle.

The only gripe I have is that during the daytime, it seems to slow down at times - but I think that’s based on the area you live in (and not everywhere).

That way, they charge me Rs. 2 per MB.

[/quote]

I have a question shaheerk. If I consume my bucket within, say, a week. Can I get another bucket for Rs90 or do I have to wait for the month to be over before I can get the 90rs/45mb bucket again?

I have a question shaheerk. If I consume my bucket within, say, a week. Can I get another bucket for Rs90 or do I have to wait for the month to be over before I can get the 90rs/45mb bucket again?

[/quote]

you can get bucket any time…even if the package is still going on…!

waat da hall pakistani still on gprs (geting poor radio signal) now even india enjoying 3g and bangladesh also whats wrong with pakistan?

you can get bucket any time…even if the package is still going on…!

[/quote]

And as far as the resubscription bit is concerned - I think you have to wait for your month to end on postpaid before resubscribing (I asked them once, they said you have to wait. I called them a few weeks later and they said that it’s possible to resubscribe again - but their online portal says that the package/change in package takes place at the end of the billing month.

Anyhoo - since it’s on prepaid, as Mazahry said, you can resubscribe when you want. You can buy 90MB in one day (well - I think it’s possible - I’ve never tried it - but I have bought more than once within a month)

And as far as the resubscription bit is concerned - I think you have to wait for your month to end on postpaid before resubscribing (I asked them once, they said you have to wait. I called them a few weeks later and they said that it’s possible to resubscribe again - but their online portal says that the package/change in package takes place at the end of the billing month.

Anyhoo - since it’s on prepaid, as Mazahry said, you can resubscribe when you want. You can buy 90MB in one day (well - I think it’s possible - I’ve never tried it - but I have bought more than once within a month)

[/quote]

Thank you Mazahyr and shaheerk. This info will really help me decide on a network once my android handset comes in a few days :)

Thank you Mazahyr and shaheerk. This info will really help me decide on a network once my android handset comes in a few days :)

[/quote]

One more thing my personal experience…don’t flood the requests it actually halts ur requests and u’ll have to call up the CSR and then u can avail the service…otherwise getting bucket again and again on prepaid won’t bother u alot…sine the money is going to the service provider they don’t put restrictions on such stuffs…!!

Flood? How do you do that?

I usually use the dialing string and I get a notification in 5 minutes or something that it's been activated. No extra sweat.

PS: I'd suggest you use your 45MB first before lodging another request to total your allowance to 90MB... maybe that's Mazahyr means by flooding (yes?)