Cheapest internet connection for backup only

I need an internet connection for backup only, under Rs.500 range is there any option , Is there any option available?

Hello!

What connection are you currently using???

Local Network:

- Check with your neighbours ... they might be willing to share the connection for around Rs. 500/-- ... a router supporting Guest Wifi SSID + Bandwidth limits + QoS would help in sharing the connection "fairly" ... you can manage without it of course!

- Shared LAN or local cable connections also might be in budget if available for your area

3G/4G Data:

- If you have a smartphone ... you can use the 3G as a backup ... and depending upon your phone/OS, can also share it via portable hotspot! I find that the Rs. 6 (inclusive of Tax with 500MB limit) Telenor's data package for 1 hour serves as a good backup option when needed any time of the day. You'll have to activate it though every time needed and after every hour but you'll only be charged for hours you want to use.

- There are also prepaid Monthly 3G packages available from all operators that can serve as a backup! Works well if you have a router or other device with 3G/4G USB Dongle support and auto-switchover in case of failure of primary connection ... I have a TG582n router that supports such functionality with later firmware versions! This shall work with the smartphone just as well! Just be conscious of the data caps!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ahmed

[quote=“ahmedfarazch, post:2, topic:22621”]

Hello!

What connection are you currently using???

Local Network:

- Check with your neighbours … they might be willing to share the connection for around Rs. 500/-- … a router supporting Guest Wifi SSID + Bandwidth limits + QoS would help in sharing the connection “fairly” … you can manage without it of course!

- Shared LAN or local cable connections also might be in budget if available for your area

3G/4G Data:

- If you have a smartphone … you can use the 3G as a backup … and depending upon your phone/OS, can also share it via portable hotspot! I find that the Rs. 6 (inclusive of Tax with 500MB limit) Telenor’s data package for 1 hour serves as a good backup option when needed any time of the day. You’ll have to activate it though every time needed and after every hour but you’ll only be charged for hours you want to use.

- There are also prepaid Monthly 3G packages available from all operators that can serve as a backup! Works well if you have a router or other device with 3G/4G USB Dongle support and auto-switchover in case of failure of primary connection … I have a TG582n router that supports such functionality with later firmware versions! This shall work with the smartphone just as well! Just be conscious of the data caps!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ahmed

[/quote]

Many thanks for the detailed answer, I’m currently using PTCL DSL 2MB , 3g option is more viable since I already own an old 3g device from Telenore i.e Huawei E1550
I checked the options here https://www.telenor.com.pk/personal/talkshawk/offers/internet-offers
but it seems there is no package of using at will , I have to subscribe to a package and then it will start to deduct money everyday… Now apparently price seems low but recharge will deduct a lot of money …
Anyway the option still seems under the budget …

For backup i'm currently using Qubee Prepaid Package when my ptcl is out i just upload a 100Rs card and it works for 3days and bandwidth of 1GB.

[quote=“Salman2010, post:4, topic:22621”]

For backup i’m currently using Qubee Prepaid Package when my ptcl is out i just upload a 100Rs card and it works for 3days and bandwidth of 1GB.

[/quote]

thank you dear for the great info … I have a Qubee jumbo size desktop device (don’t even know if it belongs to me or my cousin) also it was purchased 4 years ago with postpaid connection . can this do the magic ?

[quote="noman89, post:5, topic:22621"]

thank you dear for the great info .... I have a Qubee jumbo size desktop device (don't even know if it belongs to me or my cousin) also it was purchased 4 years ago with postpaid connection . can this do the magic ?

[/quote]

First find out to which it belongs to than ask them to convert it to prepaid connection.