Cheap Dedicated servers, Suggestion required?

I have a very bad experience of Hostgator VPS and Bluehost shared hosting. ..

I have decided to buy dedicated server on rent ..

I need to know your answers to the following questions

1- At what level of traffic we need a dedicated server ? (if using low CPU usage like in Wordpress)

2 - Any Idea of Cheap and Best Dedicated Server Provider ?

If you're about to host Wordpress, then Shared hosting is exactly what you need. I don't see any need of dedicated server.

You should try Hostgator for dedicated server, their hosting is also 100% reliable!

@Asmar:

Thanks but Please Stick to the Question.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have a very bad experience of Hostgator VPS and Bluehost shared hosting. …

I have decided to buy dedicated server on rent …

1- At what level of traffic we need a dedicated server ? (if using low CPU usage like in Wordpress)

[/quote]

1. Don’t have much experience with wordpress but from what I have read WP is CPU intensive. I have read recommendations for the use of a caching plugin like wp supercache to reduce CPU usage. I suggest you ask this question in the dedicated server section of webhostingtalk.com.

2. Cheap providers don’t provide good customer support. But not all expensive providers are good either. I have found the following providers to be good:

imountain.com: Mainly a VPS provider but they offer dedis too. You will have to email sales@imountain.com to find out what servers they have on offer.

zenex5ive.com: More expensive than imountain but they provide a lot of bandwidth. If you have a bandwidth intensive site then zenex5ive is very good value for money. If you choose zenex5ive go for their chicago datacenter. Avoid the denver DC.

Both imountain and zenex5ive have good customer support. They answer support tickets within minutes.

Finally I suggest that you explore all your options in the largest market here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Regardless of which provider you choose, always email their sales department asking if they have any special offers. The prices they show on their sites are always a lot higher than what they offer to those who email them.

@Rokra:

Thanks for taking time to help me out .

I have just purchased Godaddy Dedicated Server with the following config

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.13 GHz

RAM: 2 GB

Storage: 2 x 300 GB hard drives

Bandwidth: 1,000 GB per month

Which costs me around 79 USD for initial and 100 USD after one month

you can try Burst Net , they are good with prices using them for more then year now

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have a very bad experience of Hostgator VPS and Bluehost shared hosting. …

I have decided to buy dedicated server on rent …

[/quote]

>>> At what level of traffic we need a dedicated server ? (if using low CPU usage like in Wordpress)

When you are having a website on shared server, its very difficult for you to really determine what you need as the CPU load etc in shared hosting server are relative and depend on other accounts apart from server quality. However, if your site is consuming something like over 30 GB bandwidth, and around 8 to 10 thousand visits per day and you have mailing lists etc going, you should be better of having a VPS.

>>> Second part is difficult to answer. From my personal experiences I can recommend Modvps.com , opt for minimum 256 MB ram and do not get cheapest offer of the host, thats normally not very workable. However, upgrading may not be issue

steadfast.net

vpslink.com

slicehost.com

damm Cheap vps they had