Cheap Connection Required

So im just tired of PTCL Dsl now, every 30 minutes the modem unsyncs.. I dont know what the freaking problem is.. Changed the modem.. Changed the splitter.. Changed the whole of my Internal wiring and still the problem persist. The only thing i can do is change the Drop Wire now but for that i need a PTCL line man and i've complained to PTCL and so far they havent sent me a line man..

So anyway, i use my connection mainly for gaming, so i just wanted to know if there is any service which does NOT connect through the telephone line (WiMax/Cable etc) and also has STABLE connection meaning no disconnection.. I want it to be on 24 hours.. So which one should i go for?

Mobilink Wimax ? I like its rates, but the installation charges are just too much...

Wateen Wimax ? I heard its crap and there's a cap on the downloading too so that sucks..

Go4B? I heard they provide their DSL service on cable or something like that? Meaning its not connected through telephone line.. How is their service?

Or any other service you would like to recommend ? I dont care alot about the speed, i just need it to be connected always and have decent enough speed to run online gaming perfectly.

OR should i just change my DSL service from PTCL to maxcom? The risk with that is that if the problem is within my Telephone line then the problem will remain whether i change to maxcom or not. Anyway, any suggestions ?

Man forget about wimax.The pings are insane i don't think you will be able to play fifa online with wimax.DSL/Worldcall Cable is best for online gaming.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Man forget about wimax.The pings are insane i don’t think you will be able to play fifa online with wimax.
[/quote]

agreed and the connection reliablity with wateen atleast is just crap

For online gaming well you need good pings. In Pakistan the companies which have the best pings are(best to worse);

WorldCall, PTCL, LdN, MultiNet, MAXCOM, Wimax(either one).

You are in Karachi so I didn't add MicroNet.

So basically if you want it for online gaming your only options are WorldCall and PTCL, the others have horrible pings so not worth it and you will lag too much.

For online gaming well you need good pings. In Pakistan the companies which have the best pings are(best to worse);

WorldCall, PTCL, LdN, MultiNet, MAXCOM, Wimax(either one).

You are in Karachi so I didn’t add MicroNet.

So basically if you want it for online gaming your only options are WorldCall and PTCL, the others have horrible pings so not worth it and you will lag too much.

[/quote]

shudnt LDN be below maxcom their pings are much worse

Yeah LDN's pings are high.. Maxcom is decent..

And yeah i thought so that Wimax will not be good enough for gaming.. So i guess that only leaves only Go4b.. How good is go4b? I read ALOT of bad reviews about it a few months back.. People used to call it go4crap and stuff like that .. Lol.

Im thinking about their 512K package.. Its DSL over cable right? How does it work? I will be able to share it over a network right ?

Yeah LDN’s pings are high… Maxcom is decent…

And yeah i thought so that Wimax will not be good enough for gaming… So i guess that only leaves only Go4b… How good is go4b? I read ALOT of bad reviews about it a few months back… People used to call it go4crap and stuff like that … Lol.

Im thinking about their 512K package… Its DSL over cable right? How does it work? I will be able to share it over a network right ?

[/quote]

its not dsl over cable dsl requires a copper phone line

its an HFC network read more about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Fibre_Coaxial

from my knowledge worldcall gives u a modem from which a LAN cable is connected to ur computer/router and yes u will be able to share it

try worldcall!

Oh i see.. They advertise it as Broadband in their pamphlets that they throw in the houses..

If anyone has tried WorldCall then tell me if it disconnects alot or not?

Gonna go for Maxcom first.. If it doesnt work out then ill go for WC. I heard that in some areas WC isnt so good...

Edit: Okey on the signup page for Maxcom there's no option to select 1mbps Home DSL ?

Gonna go for Maxcom first… If it doesnt work out then ill go for WC. I heard that in some areas WC isnt so good…

Edit: Okey on the signup page for Maxcom there’s no option to select 1mbps Home DSL ?

[/quote]

All I can say for online gaming you don’t want MAXCOM, you just don’t want to even consider it. But yeah up to you.

About the online signup thing, doesn’t look like they have updated it. Just call them.

Yeah i ordered my Maxcom connection now i need to get PTCL connection terminated.

And ill see how Maxcom goes, if it does well then ill stick with them or ill disconnect after 1 month. There are no installation charges so no harm done.

maybe try getting a ptcl ONU number and use ptcl dsl on that.. users experience on that is quite satisfactory

check your exchange name in your phone bill if it is your area name followed by "ZTE DGTL" then you will have problems with maxcom too!

Why?

I had maxcom before, used to work perfectly. Also had Cyber at one time, it also worked absolutely fine never faced any unsyncing problems. Its only since i got PTCL that im having problems.

Why?

I had maxcom before, used to work perfectly. Also had Cyber at one time, it also worked absolutely fine never faced any unsyncing problems. Its only since i got PTCL that im having problems.

[/quote]

these exchanges with chinese equipment from zte have many problems mainly related to unsynching!

these exchanges cant handle longer distances

these exchanges with chinese equipment from zte have many problems mainly related to unsynching!

these exchanges cant handle longer distances

[/quote]

Hmm i dont know exaclty how much distance it is… i think gulshan exchange is near Nipa and i live near Stadium. Is that good enough? I dont think distance is a problem because Max and Cyber worked perfectly before.

almode first be ready..........i heard k its really hard to disconnect ptcl dsl.............................my friends are suffering from it...........take lots of time the procedure

almode first be ready…i heard k its really hard to disconnect ptcl dsl…my friends are suffering from it…take lots of time the procedure
[/quote]

it turned out to be very easy for me

agreed and the connection reliablity with wateen atleast is just crap

[/quote]

I would also recommend worldcall…