Charge UPS batteries with 2 ups

So 2 months ago i bought this 1.5 K ...24V APC ups...which is connected to TWO 100 AMP batteries ....and due to crazy loadshedding its backup time has reduced to appox 2-2.5 hours when fully charged....and it takes (3-4) hours to charge it fully......i was thinking instead of buying a separate battery charger, is it possible that i connect my old (desi ups) with the batteries along with APC Ups...to boost up charging....just wanted to ask first, is there any possibility that 2nd ups (used just for charging) will damage APC ?

Not a charging problem. Your batteries are probably breathing their last breaths.

Aurangzeb

1 - it will damage batteries by overcharging.

2 - it will damage the APC feedback circuit.

3 - All your lights will start flashing and will cause software corruption.

how old are your batteries? what is their spc. gravity of all cells when fully charged?

i am guessing your batteries once died fully till your ups started beeping and then it shut down after full exhausted. is this the case?

batteries are 2 months old......haven't checked the gravity.

itni loadshedding ....aik ups ka kaam nahi bhai yeh

and YES My batteries have died once or twice....but this ups does not give any beeps.......after the last indicator light goess off the ups shuts down itself..

[quote=“ahmed73x, post:5, topic:19436”]

and YES My batteries have died once or twice....but this ups does not give any beeps.......after the last indicator light goess off the ups shuts down itself..

[/quote]

your apc is simply not configured properly. this is the entire problem

APC Ups should NEVER EVER be allowed to shut down on local acid batteries. whenever they shut down due to complete battery drain, the battery constant is reset and the backup is drastically reduced as the ups detect wrong voltage of battery.

your beeping is totally turned off in software settings or the speaker is dead / disconnected / faulty.

you need to get your apc reconfigured and battery constant reset properly according to your ups model. it is quite tricky and not every one knows exact constants for every model. so be careful while selecting your electrician. it has happened to me twice for 2 different ups. got them reset and now working perfectly.

Model is APC DLA1500RMI2U

can you please refer me to a shop in lahore (i live in johar town)

or tell me a way if i can reset it myself....with usb cable or something...

and what is battery constant, why does it need to be reset? what will happen if i dont reset battery constant?

[quote=“ahmed73x, post:7, topic:19436”]

and what is battery constant, why does it need to be reset? what will happen if i dont reset battery constant?

[/quote]

lol you can always visit Raheel bhai on Mall Road.. =)

farhan will provide you all the details soon.. =P

Farhan bhai where r uuuuuuu

[/quote]

it requires a very special serial cable which is only made by APC themselves.

the process i very technical and may eventually lead to a dead ups if not done properly, so it would be wise not to do it yourself.

battery constant is a value which the ups assigns to the battery when they are new,. it keeps on changing as battery charging rises or falls. if battery dies out totally, the constant changes to lowest value. then it remains at lowest until it resets. that is why never let the ups die out. always shut down some appliances at beeping time.

so with battery constant set at low rate.....the charging slows or speeds up?

and please tell me any good service shop in lahore, who know about all these things

^ check your PM.

[/quote]
9 pin serial cable is required for calibration of your ups. battery constant is sumthing which enables the ups to talk with batteries ....... For more info abut apc you can contact us. we exists in johar town lahore
Best Regards

Murtaza Ajmi Khan

Sales & Marketing Lead

Cell: +92 321 499 70 60

murtaza@uwt.com.pk

UniWorld Technologies

Flat # 7, 3rd Floor, Tariq Centre, HIII, Johar Town, Lahore. 54770- Pakistan

Phone: +9242 3595 14 95, Fax: +9242 3617 04 99.

Email: sales@uwt.com.pk, support@uwt.com.pk

URL: www.uwt.com.pk

FaceBook Page : www.facebook.com/APCUPSSYSTEMS

LinkedIn : UniWorld Lahore

Skype Id : murtaza.ajmi1

use this software: http://apc-fix.com/apcfix

^ that doesnot work for majority of our apc ups.. our values are different from internal dry battery that comes with apc.

APC FIX is only for displaying purpose. you can't play with UPS with this software..........

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:6, topic:19436”]

APC Ups should NEVER EVER be allowed to shut down on local acid batteries. whenever they shut down due to complete battery drain, the battery constant is reset and the backup is drastically reduced as the ups detect wrong voltage of battery.

[/quote]

if ups shut down on local acid batteries then what will happen.

because of long duration of load shedding my ups shut down twice. now plz tell me what will happen next??

[quote=“khuram89, post:17, topic:19436”]

because of long duration of load shedding my ups shut down twice. now plz tell me what will happen next??

[/quote]

You are doin nothin good to the batteries cuz when u r shuting down ur ups thro batteries its weakens the battery's cell. Its called deep discharge. After sumtimes ur battery backup times ll be in reverse course. So dont deep discharge ur batteries too much in case ov local wet battery. Y dont u switch to dry cell battery ( if u can ) thn deep discharge ll be not a prob. but i will not recommend u dry battery if u r usin a local made ups

Yes this is true that if sumone is usin APC UPS with local made battery thn it constants ll be compromised once UPS shutdowns after drainin batteries. But remember this that APC UPS gives fix 220/ 230volts. So lets say ur UPS shuts down after givin backup ov 1 hour and 15 minutes thn its a kinda warnin by UPS that you battery has reached its lowest voltage.But sum users cut sum load and again switches it on which makes battery vulnerable.

Bottom Line is this APC UPS never ever deep discharge the batteries unless n until we make it do that.

[quote=“khuram89, post:17, topic:19436”]

[/quote]

if batteries are fine, not too old, and healthy, then in majority cases, you only need to reconfigure the ups, which is cheap, easy and comfortable to do.

the problem happens in cases where batteries are too small for the load.. for our pk loadshedding , it is most advisable to use around 165AH batteries with apc 1500, and around 135AH for 2200VA and above APC models.