Changing signature of Bank Account

I was planning to change the signature of my bank account. Anybody has an idea how much time does it take for that to happen? And is the process easy or it has many formalities.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I was planning to change the signature of my bank account. Anybody has an idea how much time does it take for that to happen? And is the process easy or it has many formalities.
[/quote]

The process varies from one bank to another. Easiness also depends on the bank you are dealing with. Time is the only constant that is common in all banks and it is large. It is so large that if you put in Einstein’s theory of special relativity then the time of whole universe will comes to halt for centuries. In other words, expect somewhere between a week to a month. Yeah, that is like centuries when compared to computers, inter-connected network and every other technology they (banks) are using or available at their disposal.

Process is somewhat like below:

1) You write an application on a plain paper to the bank’s manager asking that you want to change your signature. You are not entitled to give a valid reason. If they ask then just say (verbally) “I just want to change signature”.

2) You’ll need to proof your identity. Sometime by simply showing CNIC card works. However, in Pakistan, even when we are using computer generated CNIC NADRA card while spending millions every year on NADRA, our CNIC are still not acceptable by Pakistani government departments and corporates. Therefore, bank may ask you to attach one (or two) attested (attested by gazetted officer) photo-copies of your CNIC with your application. If they ask you to give “attested copies” then only give them “attested by gazetted officer” copies because all other Pakistanis are filthy liars (thanks to British but we are still being ruled by 200 years old laws).

3) After accepting and “verifying” your application. Bank will take new signatures from you. Then they’ll submit (post by snail-mail) to your head-office where a 50k+ salary paid MBA-IT/MCOM “IT officer” (but still doing the job of clerk) will scan your signature and add it to their database. The process can take from one week to one month.

4) While bank is taking it’s time, enjoy your time and keep visiting them after every week just to check the progress (but it won’t move anything faster. Visiting them is just for fun and “time-pass”). :)

:D. You made it feel like an adventure so i went ahead with it! Turns out it wasn’t so bad. It required only two signature samples and a copy of my NIC. And it was changed with an hour. Its MCB bank btw.

start signatures with your left if you are right hander