Career Recommendations

Hi all member, i need some help about career as i just got into FSC (pre-engineering) Part-2. Now i need to decide where to go. Well i was going to do ICS but my father advised me to do engineering. I can't go with it and don't even know that would i be pass in part 1 or not. Because Maths paper was tough and i am weak in Maths. So i am thinking for Armed forces and BS (Computer Science). I know eligibilty criteria for BS that in COMSATS i would need 50% marks but i don't know about armed forces.

Please advise or recommend me any field which would be good for me as also give eligibility criteria for PAF,Army,Navy and Merchant Navy.Thanks! :)

I Recomend you BCS(Bachelor of computer science)...

do whatever you want. dont follow the trends, don't follow advise from some guy who pretending to be a genius. if you want Computer science and you think that you'll be happy in studying 4 years of your bachelors then do it. many software houses are opening in Pakistan now days. i think you should do it and also you will be earning money from something you love doing just like an actor or musician :) (i think you get the point)

Well i am weak in Maths especially Algebra so i was wondering if i will have a problem with CS. My plan is to give tests for Armed Forces and to universities for BCS.

Thanks for quick replies friends. :)

I used to have problems in maths too. but later I found out that if you read a good book with good examples it will become clear to you.

If you want info regarding engg then go to

http://www.youtube.com/user/nptelhrd

Run one of its playlists/Courses, follow its first two orientation courses and then see if you are capable of understanding it. Engg is hard only at Inter/Alevels years. It becomes much clearer once you start Uni, but apply at all the unis and two/three Bachelors.

If i do engineering then i would go for Telecom/Electrical engineering.

my suggestion for you...if u r going to do engineering then try to select "Electrical" because it is the hub of all fields and all the other fields like electronics or telecommunication or even computer science are the branches of electrical .so if u do Electrical engineering u can easily accomodate in any relative field u would like to work in future...also BS in computers is also a good choice because nowadays the only jobs which are availible easily in Pakistan are programming jobs and even programmers are also required worldwide in otherwords " software ki field mein kabhi bhooke nahi maroge "

Thanks for the suggestions guys but for engineering i need good marks if i get. I will work hard in Part II but i don't know about Part 1 result how it will be because i haven't studied much in previous year.

How about ACCA and CA ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well i am weak in Maths especially Algebra so i was wondering if i will have a problem with CS.

Thanks for quick replies friends. :)

[/quote]

helo sir , if u r week in maths , then keep in mind, in BSCS or engineering , u r supposed to be good at maths , what u will do there? man in bscs u will have to study algebra , and advanced maths , same in engineering, and maths is very important subject there!!! that u will have to study in any form upto 6 semesters,

As I mentioned before, maths is secondary issue, whats important is "What are you interested in? and are you capable of understanding it?"

Also don't pick mix masala subjects like BBIT(BusinessIT), BEngg Mining, BScTelecom. Instead take pure Subjects BEng Civ,Electrical,Mechanical,Chemical.

Also please watch videos I recommended previously. It will tell you how hard a math you will face(Not that much really). BTW first year in all unis makes you do Alevel "maths"+"Furthur maths" (Statistics included whether Engg or BCS ), and physics as well.

Apply to all unis, YES ALL OF THEM!!!

Don't waste our time with if's or but's, just do it.

Informative topic.... Same issue here

waiting for F.S.C pre eng results, math weak, want to go to computer side....

i have some websites too so BCS good?

Okay i will become good in Maths now. I didn't take much interest in Maths actually yet.

Any institutes still open for admision in BCS?

Informative topic… Same issue here

waiting for F.S.C pre eng results, math weak, want to go to computer side…

i have some websites too so BCS good?

[/quote]

tell me how much marks do u expect in Fsc ???

Do cat and go for acca

If you want to

U are scattered like most of the pakistani Students who did not know wot s there aim in life! So plz develop a destination or Vision in ur mind Firstly according to ur personality as well as Interests! Parents should also think about the intersets of their sons in this regard!

I will recommend u develop a passion about something which u really want in ur future and then decide accordingly!

BTW does Electrical Engineering include Electronic Engineering (Gadgets etc.) or is that in Computer Science?

U are scattered like most of the pakistani Students who did not know wot s there aim in life! So plz develop a destination or Vision in ur mind Firstly according to ur personality as well as Interests! Parents should also think about the intersets of their sons in this regard!

I will recommend u develop a passion about something which u really want in ur future and then decide accordingly!

[/quote]

X2

i am doing engg and i had a clear aim in my mind to be a engineer at any cost. i left FAST’s bscs admission offer just because i didnt want to choose computer as my profession. I want to see Engr. before my name, and after doing bscs it was not possible, i like some industry like things (big projects , bigger visions) and these were my clear ambitions.

i am neither so successful nor a flop man, i am not showing off but telling if u have passion for doing something, DO IT!! at every cost… years and failure doesnt matter these are the best companion of a man.

make a clear vision in your mind try to explore your self , try find in which things u have interest and that suits your personality, after u have answer stick to it , like ELFY lolz

best wishes for all.

BTW does Electrical Engineering include Electronic Engineering (Gadgets etc.) or is that in Computer Science?
[/quote]

There is seperate field of electronic engg.

Computer science is pure computers

While computer engg. is a cross between computer science and electrical engg.