Career Counseling Question

Hi.... Im back with another problem yaar. Im done with My I.com, Passed it. Well in my college days i just hated accounting and all that stats. They were so boring. I never studied or you can say I was not interested. So just few days back I told my mom that I dont wanna do ACCA, Because you people will spend money but i wont study. But she said you have to do, It will make your future bright and bla bla..... But today i met my old buddy, He is doing CA. I told him everything and he straightly asked me what are you interesting in? I said COmputer stuff. I m damn "keera" of computer stuff.:) Acha to he said k his elder brother did B.Cs and he told me to go for BS in coputer science. So I researched on in ternet. In pakistan B.Cs has two tipes. One is 4 years and another is 2 year program. Which is better. And which uni is best to go for Bcs in karachi. Please guide so that i can convince my Mom :) I mean it has scope or anything ??

hello there is two yr bcs prog...update ur info...its a 4 yr prog...i guess u heard abt B.sc which is 2yr prog...if u r really intrested n computer n programming stuff go for BS software engineering

Thank you. Yes just checked it is 4 year prograam. But my bad luck no university offers B.Cs to a I.com student. THey all ask for a Pre-Engineering. Please guide me

My humble opinion is stick to ACCA line.

How much you know about computers?

Minus games, minus internet, minus web-sites, minus leisure stuff, minus Word, minus Excel, minus E-Mail, minus what-common-people-knows? After all these things how much you know about hardware architecture and software languages?

Do you know any language? Do you know how to program? Do you know what are "gates" in hardware? What is a diode? (These are very basics)

Try this, you have done I.Com, then go to any friend or book shop and ask for ICS (Intermediate in Computer Sciences) books and look in to that slim computer book. Read it, do you get any idea what is going on?

I am telling you as a brother, stick to the line of ACCA. Keep computer as a hobby to play games, surf internet etc.

Look into the computer books then make your decision. This field is also very dry and rough.

for getting enrolment in BSCS which is also known as BCS i think Physics is Compulsory subject in BSCS there are a lot of types of maths i.e calculus analytical blah blah blah. i will prefer you to check www.vu.edu.pk section and check BSCS Course outline if you think you can manage these then its good otherwise ......

check BSIT and BBIT also i think BBIT will be good for you....

Hmmmmmmm thank u all. But yaar to be very honest i need a good career and not a bad one . But i dont wanna do ACCA. and about comouter stuff im very interested. I love to learn all things, I dont know any language but i can learn.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hmmmmmmm thank u all. But yaar to be very honest i need a good career and not a bad one . But i dont wanna do ACCA. and about comouter stuff im very interested. I love to learn all things, I dont know any language but i can learn.
[/quote]

if you can manage maths then BSCS 4 years Best instead of 2 year

A;; these courses are for pre engineering students. I have done I.com :(

My humble opinion is stick to ACCA line.

How much you know about computers?

Minus games, minus internet, minus web-sites, minus leisure stuff, minus Word, minus Excel, minus E-Mail, minus what-common-people-knows? After all these things how much you know about hardware architecture and software languages?

Do you know any language? Do you know how to program? Do you know what are “gates” in hardware? What is a diode? (These are very basics)

Try this, you have done I.Com, then go to any friend or book shop and ask for ICS (Intermediate in Computer Sciences) books and look in to that slim computer book. Read it, do you get any idea what is going on?

I am telling you as a brother, stick to the line of ACCA. Keep computer as a hobby to play games, surf internet etc.

Look into the computer books then make your decision. This field is also very dry and rough.

[/quote]

In an Engineering degree (referring to the Computer Engineering courses which Sir Syed or NED offer), Calculus is an absolute pre-requisite.

You can learn about the gates, diodes, etc. etc… in a few months but Maths needs practice and without two years of Engineering mathematics, it’s going to be “very” tough (I would say impossible!, you will always lag behind your pre-engineering peers).

And, well, you need a Pre-Engineering degree to do BE/BS courses from NED/SSUET. So you wont get admission there in the first place.

PS: wampyr, are gates, mosfets, diodes taught to pre-engineering students? I think, No!

A;; these courses are for pre engineering students. I have done I.com :(
[/quote]

thats what we are trying to say you :)

hmmmmmmm To will you kindly suggest what should i Do... I dont want spends t hat much money in acca. A guy told me to do 2 years b.com then do pgd and go for mcs, is k ilawa i searched. VU is offering BCS for I.com students. SHould i go for VU

By tghe way im already doing B.com. Just gave the part 1 papers

By tghe way im already doing B.com. Just gave the part 1 papers
[/quote]

Complete your B.Com then Go with MBIT and/or few cisco certificates

PS: wampyr, are gates, mosfets, diodes taught to pre-engineering students? I think, No!

[/quote]

ICS, that is Intermediate in Computer Sciences. I am not talking about Intermediate in Pre-Engineering.

Hmmmmmmmm main kiya keru? Should i complete my b.com first. ANd then??

If people of Pre-Engineering can study BE/BS Computer Engineering without ICS

If people doing Pre-Medical in Matric can shift to Pre-Engineering in Intermediate

If People of Pre-Engineering can study B.B.A and/or C.A. (position holders of my intermediate batch shifted to CA, and a few friends who couldnt get admission in Government Engineering University, shifted to BBA)

Then, You can also change the field if the formalities don't restrict you. You wont get in Engineering course, for sure.

A good thing will be, If Karachi University admits you in a Computer related degree then it's a really good choice.

But it's *NOT* an easy task to switch fields.. It's pretty difficult to adjust in a completely new area.

Yeah, wampyr is right that it won't be the basic stuff.. It would be more focused on the Programming side and the Internals. (You would have studied some in your school level, every school in Karachi teaches them now. Atleast GWBASIC is so common)

As for the business courses, they are pretty hot now-a-days.. Even engineers prefer to do MBA after a BE degree. It surely adds a new dimension to your personality ;)

I would say, It's better if you stick with your field.. You can do courses on the software relating to Accounting.. maybe it will develop interest?

And even then if you shift, do shift to an established university; and do a course with a value (Not just the courses offered on every street corner).

PS: I am an engineering student since my Intermediate, so my views, perspective is derived from or may be even biased with engineering experiences.

PSS: And personally, I think i am a "keera" of computer too.. but 90% of the time, this keera-pan results in wasting precious hours of my study/project time, nothing else :)

(which reminds me that i better finish reading an article which I was reading before posting this :P.. and was "interrupted")

Lols... Yaar owais thanks for a brief reply. So i should stick to b.com. Do b.com part 2 papers then decide to go for something else. Right.?

You have given part 1 exams, and you just need to clear part 2 to get a B.Com degree?? (Sorry, I have no info about it).

If you are half way through it then definitely do your B.Com and get the degree man :)

Yes i have given the b.com papers, Will give par 2 papers in december this year

Then definitely complete it yaar. Why do you want to leave it in the middle and waste a semester or two?