Career Confusion

Hi

I'm 29 Years old, become graduate in 2011 in commerce.. while I always wanted to be a computer programmer / engineer..

I took wrong decision that i picked Commerce field..

Currently im at Assistant export manager designation with under 20k salary.. Im thinking to switched my career because it is not my ideal job

Please advice me that should i really switch career as im 29 and i feel its hard to learn from basic programming and leaving job..

Please advice sincerely

Thanks

It is never too late I am sure you still have plenty of time to pursue your dreams. If CS engineering is something you find yourself doing for the rest of your life then by all means do so, Trust me you dont want to be doing something you dont love to do for the rest of your life.

"find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life"

First research what you want to do? Computer sciences is not a small field and also its not easy. There are lot who know alot but there are very few who know something of value, did you got my point?

I would advice "Don't leave current job" but try learning your favorite field part time. Because getting job is not really easy these days and if you leave your job you will be nowhere but starting new career from the beginning.

Learn about your field on internet, check out programming tutorials, take admission in some center in evening timings... you'll have to do really hard working.

And after sometime if you think you have learn enough and can apply in some company then you can first apply and when get job only then leave the current job.

I am saying this because in 2008 I left a job and started working as freelance designer. Now for the past 2.5 years I am finding job but not getting any :(