Career Advice required

**[removed on OP request]** I'm wondering what should I do next. I am eyeing on these three

1. Computer Systems Engineering

2. Electronics Engineering

3. BS CS

I don't know much of difference among these three. I'm much confused in choosing and afraid at the same time. Neither I know scope of these three nor I know which is more valuable in Pakistan. Which has more scope and more jobs in Pakistan? How is Computer Systems Engineering different as compared to Electronics Engineering? **[removed on OP request]**. Please advise me.......

My advice will be not to go for Electronics. Go for computer systems engineering or computer science.

Must go for Electronics Engineering, it is involved in every field of life.You can even get knowledge of computer architecture while studying Electronics Engineering. NFC is a good institute and you can join PAKARAB Fertilizer in future after completing Electronics Engineering. Also Automation field is very vast and you can get employment very easily.

[quote=“mysterio92, post:, topic:”]

I have just grabbed 3rd postion 927/1100 in Multan Board in ICS group and now I’m wondering what should I do next.

[/quote]

Congratulations :) You beat me, wonderful results

[quote=“mysterio92, post:, topic:”]

I am eyeing on these three

3. BS CS

I don’t know much of difference among these three. I’m much confused in choosing and afraid at the same time. Neither I know scope of these three nor I know which is more valuable in Pakistan. Which has more scope and more jobs in Pakistan? How is Computer Systems Engineering different as compared to Electronics Engineering? I want to take admission in NFC IET Multan. Please advise me…

[/quote]

If you want to stay here (which IMO every Pakistani should), I would suggest either #1 or #2. I am myself electronics engineer but a very different kind. I came to engineering by aptitude and not by just obtaining sufficient marks.

You got very good marks, chose a high ranking institute like UET or NUST.

Remember to achieve good career, you will need to go further for higher studies after your graduation. It may sound over-kill but it pays!

[quote=", post:4, topic:15619"]

Congratulations :) You beat me, wonderful results

If you want to stay here (which IMO every Pakistani should), I would suggest either #1 or #2.

[/quote]

So you are saying that a person with BSCS would have more opportunities to go abroad? Please elaborate. I’m myself doing BSCS so just a little curious.

I fully intend to work in Pakistan too BTW.

[quote=“Keanu, post:5, topic:15619”]

So you are saying that a person with BSCS would have more opportunities to go abroad? Please elaborate. I’m myself doing BSCS so just a little curious.

I fully intend to work in Pakistan too BTW.

[/quote]

There is absolutely no problem with BSCS. Education gives you exposure, you should possess the ability to observe, analyze and come up with a solution. Every profession has it’s own value and demand.

I just suggested him Engineering / Computer Systems Engineering because he achieved very good marks and could easily qualify for admission.

I appreciate your passion to stay and work here, this country needs guys like you.

[quote=“mysterio92, post:7, topic:15619”]

How is Computer Systems Engineering different as compared to Electronics Engineering?

[/quote]

CSE is more focused on computer systems rather than basic + advanced electronics. For example you will not find analog electronics in CSE while it is a major in electronics engineering.

Basics of Computer Systems Engg & Electronics Engg are mostly same. you will find major differences only in last semesters.CSE is more focused on computer languages, Computer architecture, Opeating systems....While in EE you will find Automation/Instrumentation, signal processing etc.

As i mentioned earlier, 90% of course will be same and you can easily switch according to your taste.

Ditto on going for universities like NUST, if financially feasible.

[quote=“drsmk, post:9, topic:15619”]

Basics of Computer Systems Engg & Electronics Engg are mostly same. you will find major differences only in last semesters.CSE is more focused on computer languages, Computer architecture, Opeating systems…While in EE you will find Automation/Instrumentation, signal processing etc.

As i mentioned earlier, 90% of course will be same and you can easily switch according to your taste.

[/quote]

thanks much for that valuable information, greatly decreased my confusion

[quote=“Asad, post:10, topic:15619”]

Ditto on going for universities like NUST, if financially feasible.

[/quote]

The problem is NUST merit is usually high to highest, really best university of Pakistan. My ample marks cannot compete with the marks of guys who got positions in Boards.

[quote=“mysterio92, post:11, topic:15619”]

The problem is NUST merit is usually high to highest, really best university of Pakistan. My ample marks cannot compete with the marks of guys who got positions in Boards.

[/quote]

There isn’t any problem with FSc marks in NUST at all…You only need 60% in FSc to simply sit-in for the university…But the whole thing is dependent upon Entry Test…which i suppose you haven’t given that means you have to wait for next year. You just need to clear entry test and there you go, before your result is even being announced you are given place at NUST…There are students with 790+ doing Mechatronics in NUST…so marks isn’t a big deal though its the entry test.

Ejaz Brao! Now Im your student :)

[quote=“mysterio92, post:13, topic:15619”]

[/quote]

Welcome :)

Edit: I just noticed you beat everyone in entry test - Congratulations

Market is already saturated for all three fields...

probably should havew applied forr Civil Engg or Chemical Engg as they have good scope in country and outside

[quote=“mysterio92, post:13, topic:15619”]

[/quote]

I’m jealous. B)

Hi,

CS is mostly useless, beceause you can learn this stuff outside of a university. You dont need to do 4 years in a uni just to learn compuer science.

So, my advice would be Computer Systems Engineering.

However, even better would be Geology due to upcoming thorium and rare earth metals extraction industries, or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering due to solar industry.

[quote="mysterio92, post:, topic:"]

I have just grabbed 3rd postion 927/1100 in Multan Board in ICS group and now I'm wondering what should I do next. I am eyeing on these three

3. BS CS

I don't know much of difference among these three. I'm much confused in choosing and afraid at the same time. Neither I know scope of these three nor I know which is more valuable in Pakistan. Which has more scope and more jobs in Pakistan? How is Computer Systems Engineering different as compared to Electronics Engineering? I want to take admission in NFC IET Multan. Please advise me.......

[/quote]

BS CS is a very good option. Avoid Electronics, it's market is really pitiful right now and will probably remain so.

[quote=“deffury, post:15, topic:15619”]

Market is already saturated for all three fields…

probably should havew applied forr Civil Engg or Chemical Engg as they have good scope in country and outside

[/quote]

You are right but i don’t understand that why i couldn’t fit any of these ‘scopes’ although i am a chemical engineer too. 18 months have passed and i am still struggling for job. May be i am not that competent as other engineers are… Now i am really repenting on doing chemical engineering.

Aaaah....! Mazahyr bro i had got admission in NUST in MS (energetic material engg) but unfortunately due to financial constraints,i couldn't join NUST. Although they had full scholarship program but only for top two students in the class and i was on 3rd position in class. What a harsh luck....! :-)