Car Navigation System

I am looking to buy a car navigation system, however I need some input on it. Someone told me I can get Garmin and then download searchable Rawalpindi maps on it. However others told me that Rawalpindi maps are not searchable or are not very efficient. Can you anyone please tell me what would be the best option for me?

Also, do these navigation system come with gps tracking as well in case of car theft etc?

Thanks

sometime ago i saw a nice website+forum about GPS navigation and downloadable city maps in Pakistan. And it was available for everyone but the trouble is i don't remember the site. I'll search my old diary and then tell.

*edit*

I opened ma diary and luckily the page i opened was which i needed.

so here is the link:

http://pkmaps.freeforums.org/official-maps-f8.html

And for the GPS tracking device all they come handy in pakistan is that insurance company will lock the car and offer you money but never the car. And i've seen many cases in which police:ڈکار مارے بغیر ہی گاڑی پی جاتی ہے

[quote=“Aisha78, post:, topic:”]

I am looking to buy a car navigation system, however I need some input on it. Someone told me I can get Garmin and then download searchable Rawalpindi maps on it. However others told me that Rawalpindi maps are not searchable or are not very efficient. Can you anyone please tell me what would be the best option for me?

Also, do these navigation system come with gps tracking as well in case of car theft etc?

Thanks

[/quote]

A friend gifted me a PAKNAV device which is essentially a copy of the Garmin device, I used it for some days and gifted to someone else. I used it in Rawalpindi behind Naz cinema area in Old Car parts market. It was showing me as If I am in a big desert with no roads or streets. I realized it does not have any data of east side of Murree Road. May be I could improve it by upgrading the maps, but this device really didn’t appeal me.

I use Google Maps on my Android phone which also provide me with Voice Guided Navigation and I am quite happy with it. Very detailed searchable maps, always updated.

Google maps are now officially downloadable in version 5.7.0, you can download and use them offline.

Garmin nuvi 1310 Preloaded With Pakistani Navigator

Is this worth buying; anybody using this device?