Capacitor from motherboard broken off

By mistake i broken of a capacitor near processor on my intel dg33fb motherboard.there was no display afterwards.can capacitor be replaced or the motherboard is completely damaged.please help

If the older capacitor is intact, solder it back. Alternatively, get a new capacitor and solder it onto the board.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

By mistake i broken of a capacitor near processor on my intel dg33fb motherboard.there was no display afterwards.can capacitor be replaced or the motherboard is completely damaged.please help
[/quote]

Go to a person who is very expert in soldering. In almost all cities in Pakistan, you’ll find a market where electricians have shops. Find a person who is expert in soldering electronics (especially computer electronics). Show him the motherboard and broken capacitor. He will solder it back.

If you are not expert in soldering electronics then I won’t recommend you to do it. I do soldering myself for my own broken electronics. But I never did soldering of computer stuff (only exception is once in Power Supply). Because motherboard is a very complicated printed board with sandwich layers up to 15, 20 and more. It’s very easy to ruin your motherboard by mistakes in soldering.

So, it is possible to solder it back but get it done by some professional expert.

P.S. Don’t try to use your motherboard until fixed. Without proper working capacitor, electricity can go wild and it may hurt other components on motherboard.

^true..expert solderer must be there to solve the problem because if the soldering is not done properly then your motherboard can get short and destroy your all IC's.....