Can't download attachments from Hotmail using PTCL DSL!

I have been using PTCL DSL for one year now. Since day one I am facing this problem that I can not download the attachments from any Hotmail account. The downloading speed is very low in bytes/sec and I can't even ping www.hotmail.com from my laptop. Tracerout also fails for www.hotmail.com. I have the Huawei modem and Linksys wireless router. I have 5 PCs/laptops at home and this problem is faced on all of them. I have even tried it without the wireless router by connecting my laptop directly to the modem but the problem still persists. PTCL support is unable to help me out. I have even emailed their GM and spoken to him on phone but he is unable to resolve my problem yet. Please note that I have no issue with any other website nor downloading from any other website. Its just the hotmail. Browsing on hotmail is also ok but the downloading sucks.

I am attaching few snapshots to help you understand my problem. I will be glad if someone can help me out.

Check the downloading speed here:

downloadingspeed1.jpg

Check the ping response from www.hotmail.com:

pingresponse1.jpg

Check the traceroute for www.hotmail.com:

traceroute1d.jpg

This seems to be a unique issue related to gateway discovery. I think the best thing to do for now is to get an email account with Yahoo or Gmail.

Are you able to ping Google or Yahoo or any other website without issues as well as trace route ?

try using opendns servers...maybe that might help ya out...

he is right i also cant ping hotmail.com

@am4tl is there something wrong with the gateway.

Also if you must use hotmail, for any reason. Simply forward those attachments to another email that works and make it work that way. It's a hassle.. but forwarding should almost be instantaneous.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

This seems to be a unique issue related to gateway discovery. I think the best thing to do for now is to get an email account with Yahoo or Gmail.

Are you able to ping Google or Yahoo or any other website without issues as well as trace route ?

[/quote]

I do have yahoo and gmail accounts and no issues with them. I can even ping any other website and trace route is also ok for all other sites. The problem lies with just www.hotmail.com

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Also if you must use hotmail, for any reason. Simply forward those attachments to another email that works and make it work that way. It’s a hassle… but forwarding should almost be instantaneous.
[/quote]

Well thats really a hassle forwarding each email and then opening in another account and sometimes the forwarding of large attachment emails also fails. Kher I usually check them at work.

But the point is what could be the issue and what is the solution?

Using opendns doesn’t make any difference. The problem is definitely at PTCL end.

you can use forwarding option to forward your emails to other mail servers like yahoo or gmail...

there will be no hassle at all........

thanks.

no problem at all at my end.................

no prob at my end either....

I know! No one has this problem. It's just me. I have tried every possible thing so far and the problem still exists.

That's why I asked if someone has faced similar problem or if anyone can provide a solution?

hahaha very kool interesting issue

now tell me which windows u r using?

XP pro or XP home ????

is it genuine ?

go here and check

www.microsoft.com/genuine

if its not genuine then ask me i will tell you the next step.

i have faced exact same problem.

by the way download sumthing from microsft downloadd center.

Download Internet Explorer 8 and check your download speeds, i am sure u will not get above than 3 KBps.

no matter how many MBs of internet u r using.

do these checks and reply me .......

i will definitely solve your problem.

I have Windows XP Pro and its genuine. As I said above that its not one machine. I have like 3 laptops and 2 desktops and all face similar problems.

I am using IE8, Firefox 3.x and Google Chrome........Similar problem in all browsers.

Downloading from microsoft's other sites and any other site is ok. Snapshot of downloading IE8 from Microsoft download center is attached below:

iedlspeed.jpg

My speed test result is also attached:

460158415.png

ptcls recently changed theie DNS server

hope it solves ur problem.