Can we Share Wateens device between a PC and a laptop

I have buckeye and I want to use internet on my laptop as well beside my PC.

Now the scenario is I will get a WIFI router as this buckeye has no builtin WIFI.

Will I be able to use internet on laptop via WIFI router without turning on the PC?

I want to connect my PC permanently and don't want to plug/unplug on network card.

May be I could get a cousins sky wireless router from UK.

Ofcourse you can.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have buckeye and I want to use internet on my laptop as well beside my PC.

Now the scenario is I will get a WIFI router as this buckeye has no builtin WIFI.

Will I be able to use internet on laptop via WIFI router without turning on the PC?

I want to connect my PC permanently and don’t want to plug/unplug on network card.

May be I could get a cousins sky wireless router from UK.

[/quote]

The network cable (coming out of your Wateen Device) will go into one of the ports of your WiFi router (A WiFi router usually have a few ports for wired connections as well. One of them is clearly marked as Internet or something similar). Now if MAC based stuff Wateen authentication is enabled in your city, you are all set. Now your PC and / or laptop (if it has a WiFi device. These days virtually all laptops and I think more than 90% desktops have a WiFi capability) only need to connect to your WiFi router and start enjoying the Internet anywhere in your house. (If you don’t want your neighbors to enjoy free Internet, you should read the manual which comes with your WiFi router so that you can set up connection correctly with some password on it :slight_smile: )

Have fun!

yes can connect your both laptop and pc even now the device is giving you two lan port !

^my device (buckeye) has 4 lan ports but I want a wireless solution coz the device is on roof top.

I want to purchase a WIFI enabled router. Which router should I purchase?

please suggest a good wifi router in 2000 or 3000 range to use with wateen.