Can we Share PTCL EVO between 2 PC's

How can we share EVO (desktop USB ) between two PC as normally we did in bb with the help of router or hub?

You could get a 3G Broadband wireless router (But I am not sure whether it will work with PTCL EVO, if anyone has any experience, then please share):

http://www.netgear.com/Landing/en-us/20093GLanding.aspx

(I am also not sure whether they are available in Pakistan, Anyone Know?)

Otherwise, you could use Internet Connection Sharing in your OS. One PC will have to be turned on for other PCs to access the internet.

You could also buy a non-evo/3g device like the wireless wateen modem and connect it to a normal wireless router.

Edit: Link updated.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

You could get a 3G Broadband wireless router (But I am not sure whether it will work with PTCL EVO, if anyone has any experience, then please share):

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/3GMobileBroadband/MBR624GU.aspx

(I am also not sure whether they are available in Pakistan, Anyone Know?)

Otherwise, you could use Internet Connection Sharing in your OS. One PC will have to be turned on for the 2nd PC to access the internet.

You could also buy a non-usb device like wateen’s modem.

[/quote]

Thanks, wateen not support my area … u sure i can exchange connection via network sharing. Though wateen has some out door device im not sure wht exactly difference is … tht is out of stock.

What is 3G BB Wireless Router? From where i can get this device

yeah..... netgear is not available i searched.... but there is alternate-gear netshare router which is available....... it works with PTCL EVO.... i have tested it at my office.... works flawlesslly once u configure it.... i guess its for 5.2k to 5.5k....... not an impressive looking thing.... but works.....

yeah… netgear is not available i searched… but there is alternate-gear netshare router which is available… it works with PTCL EVO… i have tested it at my office… works flawlesslly once u configure it… i guess its for 5.2k to 5.5k… not an impressive looking thing… but works…
[/quote]

Hi,

Can u plz share ur e-mail or IM so further talk.

yeah sure u can PM me via forum or email

yeah sure u can PM me via forum or email on
[/quote]

u may edit ur e-mail though i tried to send u pm but can not find the link under ur profile.

@jal pari yes you can do! its simple! no need to buy any sh*t! tell me if still u need help!

@jal pari yes you can do! its simple! no need to buy any sh*t! tell me if still u need help!
[/quote]

How can i …

Plug EVO in enjoy internet :)

Plus plug your computer with EVO with other computer or switch to whom you want to give your internet!

then you have to use ICS to share internet ! but here the prob is that you need to keep that computer switched on in order to use it on other devices! your computer will act as the server\router

so firecruz explain...... pne way is the router.... other on pc running all the time and using that to share net by lan or wifi...... any other method that would like to elaborate Qasim?

---------------------

Edit: oh lol!!!! i had posted but thee was a few seconds difference between the posts..... so editing.... yeah that is what i said..... the other method is through a pc but then u need to keep it running

cq914 owww u know me? :)

anyways its quite simple actually and this service is hosted by windows actually!

1. Plug your EVO and see its connection status (network adapter)

2. Plug LAN cable to rest of network or single PC

3. Use this in server PC

IP: 192.168.0.1

No gateway

This way you computer acts as DHCP! adn other PCs are given the settings auto!

4. Double click your evo adapter connection! go to advanced check Allow other users on network to ....bla blaa! and reconnect...thats all!

5. Keep other computer's LAN properties on auto config

If you want to use wizard do this:

Start> Accessories > Network setup wizard

Next

Next

Ignore DC hardware (if any) optional step

Check "This computer connects directly to net . other computers connect through it

zk0u93.png

Select ur net connection "in your case the EVO adapter"

then select each connection that connects other network computer (click ur LAN adapter here)

And I guess Next Next Next Finish :D and u r ready to go!

any probs let me know!

btw I was just checkin this and was wondering on my activity-levels on wiredpakistan!

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/userlist.php?username=&show_group=-1&sort_by=num_posts&sort_dir=DESC&p=1 Page 1

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/userlist.php?username=&show_group=-1&sort_by=num_posts&sort_dir=DESC&p=2 Page 2

Im the most active user here as I have the most posts w.r.t to my joining time of WP! 2010 ka user and so many posts! :)

612 posts in 4 months

150posts / month

5 posts / day :o geek!

lol thanks to PEEE TEEE SEEE EELLLL!!!! Qasim :)

lol! welcome!

cq you know me personally? :D

cq914 owww u know me? :)

anyways its quite simple actually and this service is hosted by windows actually!

1. Plug your EVO and see its connection status (network adapter)

2. Plug LAN cable to rest of network or single PC

3. Use this in server PC

IP: 192.168.0.1

No gateway

This way you computer acts as DHCP! adn other PCs are given the settings auto!

4. Double click your evo adapter connection! go to advanced check Allow other users on network to …bla blaa! and reconnect…thats all!

5. Keep other computer’s LAN properties on auto config

If you want to use wizard do this:

Start> Accessories > Network setup wizard

Next

Next

Ignore DC hardware (if any) optional step

Check "This computer connects directly to net . other computers connect through it

http://i47.tinypic.com/zk0u93.png

Select ur net connection "in your case the EVO adapter"

then select each connection that connects other network computer (click ur LAN adapter here)

And I guess Next Next Next Finish :D and u r ready to go!

any probs let me know!

[/quote]

Thanks i am not good in networking though i read in uni. level abt sharing internet between two pc using window default feature ( in xp it can find on left hand side ) … RIGHT?

Before buying EVO i m taking ur suggestion since device is expensive … 4k RS and 2k per month. I need something unlimited and for 2 desktop pc.

as firecruz said..... start---> accessories ---> network setup wizrad or u can into network connection and there is network setup wizard link there... if u do get the device.... and get stuck somewhere.... WP is here.... just refresh ur thread :)

@burntpari

yes its ok and ill get you this thing working cuz im already having such setup in office! so anyhelp u need wud be available!

the only note here is

"You need to keep 1 computer powered on in order to use internet on another device in network"

@firecruz: buddy is there any way to connect a linksys wifi router with ptcl evo?? i mean wat configs r required?? i thnk the seetings that u have told r of a wired adsl modem n wifi router...

rage2rise...... well the catch in the method we discussed here that u need to keep one pc on all the time..... if that is a laptop.... then u dont even need a wifi router.... just download software "Connectify" install it and viola!!! your laptop or the desktop equipped with a Wifi-lan card becomes a router itself.....

or else EVO USB into a PC...... then connect the linksys router to the LAN of your PC(the one which is always going to be on) and share it internet through LAN port while doing the network setup wizard......

but a simple linksys router cannot be connected directly with EVO USB device..... coz it has no USB ports..... for that u will (as discussed earlier) a 3G router(name of one of available brand has already been listed).... If you need any furthur elaboration..... lemme know :)