Can we launch a case against LDN?

It would be a pretty strong one. If someone knows someone at PTA you can launch a high level complaint.

Firstly they are false advertising, they are suffering from severe speed issues yet they say they offer high speed internet. Secondly, they dont inform their new customers of the prevailing issues. They told me i'd get 45-50kb/sec but the day i got my connection they told me they are facing bandwidth issues.

Thirdly, they are blaming PTCL wrongly, which also happens to by govt. of Pakistan owned.

Yes you can, Via PTA and consumer court. via consumer court you can launch a case against any company including telcos, shops which are over charging or not providing what they advertised or offered. atleast thats what i know....

you want to sue LDN? think again! your grandchildren will be fighting the case and still it wont be over

"Personal Experience"

I disagree Saad... business lawsuits are settled much quicker than those fighting over land... :D

does anyone here actually reads anything on the contract when they are sogning it? i am sure they must have wrote somewhere that even if dont provide advertised service we still wont be sued.... :lol:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
yes but not this year maybe next year, this year all judges and lawyers are fully booked for CHIEF JUSTICE and marches and strikes.
[/quote]

HAHAHA!!!!!

why sue them?? just get another isp

why sue them?? just get another isp
[/quote]

If they return my 1200 rs then i will be quite happy. If they dont, well then thats another matter.

If they return my 1200 rs then i will be quite happy. If they dont, well then thats another matter.

[/quote]

You shouldn’t only sue LDN but also sue PTCL for providing you the third class copper line which effected the gawd damn speed of your dsl.You should give the devil his due.

You shouldn’t only sue LDN but also sue PTCL for providing you the third class copper line which effected the gawd damn speed of your dsl.You should give the devil his due.

[/quote]

ok that really is a pathetic reply. my distance from exchange is less than 2km and my line is close to perfect. i used to get 50+ kb/sec with MBL 24/7 and the only reason i shifted to LDN was because of unlimited DSL; a move I’m dearly regretting now.

you’re reply was very typical of a LDN technical support CSR. Very swift to blame PTCL and their phone lines.

[EDITED] sah: Please stick with English and not use roman urdu. Also lets not play the blame game. Its pointless and will derail the discussion. That goes for everyone.

ammarmalik2008-- I am not a LDN CSR , go ahead and carry on with your good work.

Is not better to approach Federal Ombudsman, there you will get easy, quick and cheap justice.

but but but ..... DJNOMI will be out of a job :D

If it had really been PTCL's fault then i dont think LDN would be sitting this calm, they would be crying and complaining to PTA as how PTCL was sabotaging their operations. So i think its LDN's own fault, they just keep blaming PTCL to save face.

i got LDN connection on 27 december 2007 .at that time it was dancom. i used to get 512 kbs speed and 54 KB download speed .but on 10 of janauary .the speed started to go down.it was even before LDN became the owner.moreover mr.ali shehzad is responsible person for wah and taxila .he comes only two times per week in his office and only for two hours.if you call him ,his mobile phone will always be on silent mode.moreover after every two months one of his khala dies and he is off for their funeral

i say go for it and complain . i would do as much help as possible

I so agree, this year lawyers are booked for the top seat person but not for the common or poor man trying to seak protection.

I am pretty happy with LDN as far as up time and speed is concerned. In fact I am more than happy because they gave me Wi-Fi modem for Rs.3000 instead of Rs.4500 :P

The only issue I have is the PING which is high and I can't play CS on local servers. Last month it was fine around 50-80 but these days it is between 130 and 300.

It would be a pretty strong one. If someone knows someone at PTA you can launch a high level complaint.

Firstly they are false advertising, they are suffering from severe speed issues yet they say they offer high speed internet. Secondly, they dont inform their new customers of the prevailing issues. They told me i’d get 45-50kb/sec but the day i got my connection they told me they are facing bandwidth issues.

Thirdly, they are blaming PTCL wrongly, which also happens to by govt. of Pakistan owned.

[/quote]

Yes you can sue and it I don’t think your grandchildren would be fighting the case. It would be time consuming,you would throw garbage at them,and they would throw garbage at you. They might want an out of court settlement. If you have a good case,consult a lawyer and sue after the judicial crisis is over and judges return.

But guess what,you can lodge a complain with PTA “first”. I wonder if you have tried it?

Why go through the whole bloody process unless its the last resort…

Here is a link to their website if you want to register a complaint…:

http://www.pta.gov.pk/