Can we do this in Pakistan?

hey I just saw this thing in PC world mag and its quiet interesting. I was wondering is there any service like this available here too?

new_bitmap_image__2_780.jpg

I already know about internet sms/text messeges thing but they are mostly crap. Some of them worked, but this thing is much better if its officially here. :D

It doesn't work with Warid (bummer!), but I think Mobilink and Ufone do have this feature.

It's phonenumber@mobilinkgsm.com and probably phonenumber@ufone.com

It also works the other way around in the sense that you can send emails via SMS, at least with Warid and Mobilink! They're from: phonenumber@waridtel.com...

this works on ufone

i use it

hmmm its not working with mobilink here? is there any special way to do it or just simply send a messege like an email, as shown in the pic?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

this works on ufone

i use it

[/quote]

when did you last use it. It was working for me but a few months back email to sms feature suddenly stopped working the help line has no clue about it.

I used to sms to email and vice versa lots of times on Mobilink in 2001 - 2004. Then everyone got wap and the internet and forgot about it.

hmmm its not working with mobilink here? is there any special way to do it or just simply send a messege like an email, as shown in the pic?
[/quote]

works with indigo postpaid numbers… yours is postpaid?

It doesn’t work with Warid (bummer!), but I think Mobilink and Ufone do have this feature.

It’s phonenumber@mobilinkgsm.com and probably phonenumber@ufone.com

It also works the other way around in the sense that you can send emails via SMS, at least with Warid and Mobilink! They’re from: phonenumber@waridtel.com

[/quote]

Warid does have an online service to send text messages though from a secured members’ area.

I tried it numerous times in 2004, and 2006 for ufone, warid, and mobilink. It never worked!

email to sms work on mobilink postpaid and do not work on prepaid even prepaid transfered to post paid. I have postpaid and my friend has prepaid now coverted to postpaid but do not work.

few months ago i tried with my gmail at these numbers and works

03331234567@ufone.com

03001234567@mobilinkgsm.com

Now mobilink won't work ufone still works

also try this text4free.net

mibilink email to sms work fine while sent email from pop3 email account and currently using it, no idea about free email account.

i dont have any postpaid number yet to test. and I never used this POP3 thing.... not good for me if it aint workin for all mobilink numbers :)

hi can any one cooperate to tell me that which connection will b cheaper to call saudi arabia...plz tell me the rates for both landline and mobile..ok...my email id is fahd_dr@yahoo.com

hey this thing is working. but i hav odd thing to tell, my bro had mobolinks postpaid number but he transfered (whatever its called) that number to warid. i sent him sms thru google like *********@mobilinkgsm.com and he still gets my messege. :lol: my bro is also like WTF!? he shouldnt be getting those messeges.

I really miss this feature on Warid. I don't know why they are so lazy not to implement it. I mailed them about this 4 months back along with suggestion to update their pathetic old website. I even mailed the owner of Abu Dhabi group (Al Nahayan ?) too, in an effort to get some features being added to Bank Alfalah and Warid, but as I had suspected at that time, he never got the mail (It was his "minister" e-mail id)

hey I just saw this thing in PC world mag and its quiet interesting. I was wondering is there any service like this available here too?

http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08276/new_bitmap_image__2_780.jpg

I already know about internet sms/text messeges thing but they are mostly crap. Some of them worked, but this thing is much better if its officially here. :D

[/quote]

It works with mobilink postpaid…

03*@mobilinkgsm.com

You can subscribe to yahoo alerts for free using this service…

what about Telenor ?? :o