Can somebody else go through my texts, tape my calls?

We are never told who all are authorized to go through our texts, listen to our calls etc at the telecom operator's end. I think it should be part of the agreement between a user and a telecom operator. These things should be clear to users. What happens if you find out the guy you had beaten the other day turns out to be an employee of the telecom operator :). Does that possibly mean that ones privacy is at stake??

YES HE CAn!!!!!!!

This is a non-issue of sorts. Technically a lot of people have the opportunity to go through your personal data at any node through which your data is routed. A privacy policy only protects you legally, in the sense that if you think that the terms of the policy were breached you can sue the company. However, since Pakistan is not exactly known for its strong judiciary and consumer protection, having a privacy agreement in place between the consumer and the service providing company would make little to no difference in actually protecting your privacy.

Im sorri ,I mean pakistan is having some what good privacy....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

some what good privacy…
[/quote] proof???

We are never told who all are authorized to go through our texts, listen to our calls etc at the telecom operator’s end. I think it should be part of the agreement between a user and a telecom operator. These things should be clear to users. What happens if you find out the guy you had beaten the other day turns out to be an employee of the telecom operator :). Does that possibly mean that ones privacy is at stake??
[/quote]

^ I know what you mean… and sah pretty much gave u general idea BUT if you want to share a specific scenario than may be i/we be able to give you a specific answer… :expressionless:

proof???
[/quote]

I think what he means that tracking of any sort by telcos are not even considered in our country by common ppl in general… hence our automatically saved privacy.

Thanks Sah and Faisal.Qureshi. Btw Faisal i couldn't get your email id....

if you forward me one special msg i can checkout your call / sms records anytime i want :)

if you forward me one special msg i can checkout your call / sms records anytime i want :)
[/quote]

o really??? how? plz tell us.

o really??? how? plz tell us.

[/quote]

apply online for telenor , zong , ufone etc selfcare service lets say you apply at telenor selfcare for number 0345 XXXXXXXXX then telenor will send a text to that number with 4 digit registration code , ask the owner of 0345 XXXXXXXXX to forward you that text he/she just recieved from telenor , verify the pin and it will work :P

^Thats bloody scary, me gonna try it !!!! :D

There should be some defined way to protect the privacy of customers. Its so scary indeed.

Do anyone have any idea how long do the telcos keep our logs?

Thanks Sah and Faisal.Qureshi. Btw Faisal i couldn’t get your email id…
[/quote]

Np… I have made it public now… you should be able to see it now. :)

apply online for telenor , zong , ufone etc selfcare service lets say you apply at telenor selfcare for number 0345 XXXXXXXXX then telenor will send a text to that number with 4 digit registration code , ask the owner of 0345 XXXXXXXXX to forward you that text he/she just recieved from telenor , verify the pin and it will work :P

[/quote]

This will only be possible if u know the pin code… and its not a “mind blowing trick” either like the way you tried to imposed it to be :expressionless:

Don’t be childish

Do anyone have any idea how long do the telcos keep our logs?
[/quote]

What kind of logs are you talking abt?

There should be some defined way to protect the privacy of customers. Its so scary indeed.
[/quote]

Lets just say even if there’s no defined policy(which is not possible) … still its not scary at all. You just have to make sure that ur not on the bad side.