Can resolution of laptop increased?

I ve compac n610c. its resolution is 1024*768. hightest bit resolution is 32(bit).

but i feel picture quality is not so good as my flat screen monitor with same resolution. does i need to add graphics card or what.

i ve mobility radeon 7500.

so plz tell me what to do to ve good pic or video quality.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I ve compac n610c. its resolution is 1024*768. hightest bit resolution is 32(bit).

but i feel picture quality is not so good as my flat screen monitor with same resolution. does i need to add graphics card or what.

i ve mobility radeon 7500.

so plz tell me what to do to ve good pic or video quality.

[/quote]

try installing an updated graphics driver

the max resolution that u can achieve is what ur screen supports most and u cant go higher than that

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

the max resolution that u can achieve is what ur screen supports most and u cant go higher than that
[/quote]

sometimes the driver restricts it!

i ve installed driver from their web site. is it'n updated?

from where i can get most latest driver?

I am assuming your laptop has an LCD screen... :)

LCD screens have a native resolution which results in best output...any other resolution and usually it doesn't look so good...maybe your native resolution is not set...try to get latest driver from ATIs site rather than compaqs (if you are not already doing so).

Dont compare LCD resolution with CRT, there is no comparision between two. LCD resolution would be inferior as compare to CRT.