Can PTCL Phone and DSL be suspended for fixed period of time?

My question is that I am not going to use my phone and DSL connection for at least 3 months. Can I get it suspended for 3 months? Is there any way or I will just have to pay the dues for these 3 months?

Or

Can I just get the DSL suspended for 3 months if suspending the phone line is not possible?

i dont think thats possible in PTCL..

but thats possible very easily in LDN...

Go to exchange, file application for DSL disconnection, and pray that it's done in less than 3 months :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Go to exchange, file application for DSL disconnection, and pray that it’s done in less than 3 months :P
[/quote]

I asked for temporary suspension not disconnection. Please keep your answers to the point. Thanks.

I asked for temporary suspension not disconnection. Please keep your answers to the point. Thanks.

[/quote]

There is no such thing as temporary suspension, only disconnection is the available option, that’s the “point”!

call their helpline and ask :)

@melleck you can get your DSL temporary closed but you have to pay Rs.500/month for it...so better terminate your DSL and get a new connection after 3 months ...instead of paying Rs.1500 for 3 months..

Not sure id old policies are still in force. 3-4 years ago PTCL land lines could be suspended for a maximum period of 6 months for a charge of line rent only.

u can disconnect ur phone line for max 6 months and for internet . i went to outside pakistan i want to suspend my account they asked me to give five hundred Rs because Exchange charge 400-500 Rs for Jumper settings.Yups Scuzzy is Right u have to pay the six months or 3 months line Rent in advance

There is no such thing as temporary suspension, only disconnection is the available option, that’s the “point”!

[/quote]

No offense but if one doesn’t know about something or never heard of it then it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. So your point is not valid here brother. Temporary suspension existed but I just want to know if its still available. I am sure you get my point now and will post if you know about that. Thanks.

I will contact the local exchange soon and will post my findings about temporary suspension (dsl/phone line). In the mean time, if anyone else is sure or have gone through the same procedure please do post here for the benefit of others. Thanks.