Can I use my laptop for GPS

hi guys I want to know that is it possible that i could use my laptop in car with gprs which gives me GPS. any software???????

don't think so...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hi guys I want to know that is it possible that i could use my laptop in car with gprs which gives me GPS. any software???
[/quote]

why u want to use gprs to use gps?

you can buy any gps device and connect to ur laptop i use to do this. i had ms map.

^ would u plz explain more.

also tell about that device and its price

gprs and gps are tottaly different things my friend..

you can use gprs to connect to internet but not to get the coordinates of ur locations

there are gps devices which ull have to buy.. it will tell ur laptop the coordinates then you can use any software as ur map.. but the device itself will come with its native software...

So u ppl can guide me about that device.......

GPS can be used with the laptop. FOr that you need a GPS and serial port on your laptop, which is highly unlikely. So you need to have a converter from USB to serial. COnfiguration is not that easy. contact me - I will explain you whole process in detail if you are REALLY interested.

But whats the point of all that?

you dont need serial port on your laptop all you need this decive

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bluetooth-GPS-Receiver-For-PDA-Nokia-cell-phone-M-GPS38_W0QQitemZ360097496414QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360097496414&_trkparms=72%3A1419|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and if you dont have builtin bluetooth in your laptop you can buy

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-Bluetooth-V2-0-EDR-Dongle-Adapter-for-PC-Laptop_W0QQitemZ370098047200QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370098047200&_trkparms=72%3A1419|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and then you need to have ms autorute or any other map for your laptop.

^thanks

will u plz tell any site where i can purchase it within pakistan or which accept Visa credit card.

i think above link support only paypal account.

bluetooth you can buy in any shop in Pakistan, hafeez centre, hall road, and gps receiver u can pay via cc dont have to use paypal i think, search around on ebay.

"but just curious why u want to use gps? there is no map for Pakistan"

^ thanks for response.

i should think about it if no maps available for pakistan.

yeh this april i brought my xda but all it can show me that i was on planet earth somewhere also show my speed and my position but no map.