Can i Upgrade HP Mini Processor?

838hp_mini_1000_image_2.jpg

Hp Mini 110-1033

Its very slow. but i like it because its very handy

Is it possible to upgrade its processor or something to increase the processing speed ?

You could try adding more RAM. Upgrading the CPU will be difficult and expensive enough that it would be easier just to buy a new laptop.

Its got 1Gb .. I don't use it for heavy works but the youtube videos or any flash content on a webpage make it very slow.. CPU usage reaches 100%

Adding Xtra 1Gb Ram Will work ?

^ Yes. You will definitely see an improvement after adding more RAM.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hp Mini 110-1033

Its very slow. but i like it because its very handy

Is it possible to upgrade its processor or something to increase the processing speed ?

[/quote]

You cannot upgrade the processor (most atom processors are soldered to the MB).

You can upgrade the RAM to 2GB.

agree with sah totally,,,,

however,,,a lot of these mini notebooks have only one slot for ram, get it checked first if it has an extra slot for ram

if it has only one slot then you may need to sell yours off and buy a 2 gb module

Its got 1Gb … I don’t use it for heavy works but the youtube videos or any flash content on a webpage make it very slow… CPU usage reaches 100%

[/quote]

just youtube & flash content should not make CPU usage 100%.

please make sure your machine is virus free, as per my experience, most of such complaints reveals virus problems.

Adding ram would only help if your machine is really virus free. You have not mentioned the hard disk space u got, hope u dont have 8/16gb flash as HD storage.

I am using avast internet security (Paid Version) .. and its 160GB Hard drive

Its got 1Gb … I don’t use it for heavy works but the youtube videos or any flash content on a webpage make it very slow… CPU usage reaches 100%

[/quote]

Of course not. If CPU is the bottleneck how could adding more RAM help? Your computer is a netbook with a single core atom CPU running at 1.6GHz. You can’t upgrade the CPU.

You also have just one memory slot in this system so you if you want to upgrade that you will have to first chuck out the 1GB RAM module and install a 2GB SODIMM RAM module in its place. The new 2GB SODIMM RAM module will cost around Rs. 3700.

My recommendation is to not upgrade anything. Instead reinstall windows if you can and minimize running applications including programs and services that run at startup.

^ Thanks for the info .. Actually many applications are running at the back end. i think thats the main reason ..

Are you using XP? Try a netbook-specific OS like Ubuntu's netbook version.

smartboy6637...Actually many applications are running at the back end. i think thats the main reason ..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a lot of my friends do who have been using laptops for a number of years is when they get a new laptop, they remove the bloatware software that comes with it. These unnecesary software cause many problems like system slowdowns, battery does not last that long etc etc

a good free program for this is PC Decrapifier (use it at your own risk though)

atom cpu are 100% soldered on to the motherboard, there is no upgrading of CPU possible.

Quite a late reply, as I don't use WP much now, but might add to/correct knowledge of peeps here....

1. Processors and ICs soldered on motherboard can be changed. (not recommended in this case at all)

2. Adding more RAM won't help much.

3. The N270 processor isn't fast enough to play more than 480p videos, I also have a N270 based netbook and it stucks on 720p videos, with processor being the bottleneck, the most significant user experience difference between the Atom N450 and Atom N270 comes in the video playback.

+ do ensure that you have HyperThreading turned on from BIOS settings

Quite a late reply, as I don’t use WP much now, but might add to/correct knowledge of peeps here…

1. Processors and ICs soldered on motherboard can be changed. (not recommended in this case at all)

[/quote]

dude i don’t mean to be sarcastic but i put this real world question to you. well firstly why one would want to do that lets suppose if one decides to do so then where on earth one would find faster retail Atom CPU from. since intel only sell them to OEMs in quantity of 1000 atom CPU lots only.

Availability to individual consumers of intel atoms is only through already installed in motherboards or in netbooks.

^^ you misunderstood what I said, I was just trying to tell that Processors and ICs soldered on motherboard can be changed, and I also said that its not recommended in this case at all.