Can i haz your attention please?

Hello, i am currently using PTCL DSL 4mb and i share it wirelessly around my house using tenda router. Though, i am now thinking to buy PTCL EVO B 9.3mbps USB device which will provide me with better speeds on same price as DSL. But i want to know if i will be able to share internet from USB device using my wirless router without any problems? If it wont then how can i share it around the house wirelessly? Also, if someone can provide a feed back about the device and its performance in DHA Lahore.

Thankyou.

I wouldn't be too sure about the nitro service giving you better performance ,with evo there are no guarantees, and the speed tends to vary wildly.to share it you could use a old pc running xp and use internet connection sharing.

get tenda's 3G router.They support usb..simply plug ur USB in and do share as you would've done using LAN and WiFi.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:3, topic:16257”]

get tenda’s 3G router.They support usb…simply plug ur USB in and do share as you would’ve done using LAN and WiFi.

[/quote]

Thanks for the valuable input, can you inform me how much a 3G router would cost? Also are you using one? Can someone provide review of EVO nitro speed in the above mentioned location. WIll PTCL give me a trail period?

wired is always better than wireless.

[quote=“hasanatizaz, post:5, topic:16257”]

wired is always better than wireless.

[/quote]

Are you EVO Nitro user?

@metaltongue

NO

Then how do you even know that wireless is better then wired? I need to know person experiences, not rumors.

[quote=“metaltongue, post:8, topic:16257”]

Then how do you even know that wireless is better then wired? I need to know person experiences, not rumors.

[/quote]

Wired = stability , less pings great gaming and perfect for heavy file transfers

Wireless = mobility , more issues low speeds not good for games and heavy file exchanges

and this everybody knows!

PTCL Wireless services Nitro or 3G varies wildly.. at some point you will get the best around 5-7 Mbps and then sometimes miserable low... Try searching the forum for Nitro 3G reviews / experience... I hope you will have a better idea... but most of all will say the "unstable speed" ... Try this arrange a NITRO from your friend's or social circus.. and try it for a day or too... it all depends on the signal strength mostly... But I agree with above poster that Wired is much better than Wireless with regards to speed and stability... 4MB means 4MB all the time... The Only Most Value with Wireless is Mobility... and I guess in House you are better with Wired...

@metaltongue

I say so because everything what ptcl provides such as wireless is #$%#, i have seen their evo working plus their vfone, its not even a damn phone, its just a crap. No signals and most of the time call drops, whatever equipment ptcl provides is crap, trust me. only because of their broadband i am using ptcl and yeah its wired and running perfect with no issues - i only get to call ptcl helpline when i have line issues and since a year there were not any.

@armada

Another reason is no matter what encryption we use, data is not in the air travelling :)