Can anyone throw light on this Topic

Peter Eastgate wins £5.8million as youngest World Series of Poker winner

Peter Eastgate, a 22-year-old from Denmark, has become the youngest player to win the main event at the World Series of Poker, collecting more than £5.8 million.

poker_winner_1112104c.jpg

Peter Eastgate: 'I guess I haven't really realized how big this is.' Photo: Reuters

Mr Eastgate was able to keep his poker face while friends from Denmark jumped and cheered in the seating area.

The World Series of Poker's main event began last July with 6,844 players.

Eventually cut down a final nine, Eastgate beat 27-year-old Russian Ivan Demidov in the final in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Mr Demidov decided to go all in with his 16.45 million chips on two pairs (twos and fours).

Mr Eastgate, who had more than 120 million chips, won the hand with a straight (ace through five).

Speaking to American newspaper USA Today, he said: "I guess I haven't really realized how big this is.

"It will come in the next weeks or the next days. I will become very emotional at some point."

The winner added: "I was lucky he hit two pair... It's kind of inevitable when that happens he's going all in."

Mr Eastgate became interested in poker in high school, and decided to play online for money rather than going to college.

A mathematics fan in school, he said he was "fascinated" by the game and its "psychological aspects".

His previous biggest win was almost £30,000 at the Paddy Power 2007 Irish Open.

Mr Demidov won second-place prize money of more than £3.7 million.

He said: "I was just thinking he was bluffing. I read a few big bluffs at the wrong time."

my queries:-

1.what is this Poker?

2. How he won so huge amount of money?

3. Can any person play this from anywhere in the world and win some good amount of money?

1 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker

2 - By playing the game.

3 - Yes, but it is gambling so.....

i've played two kinds of them at yahoo games/other online games. 1st is 5 card draw and 2nd one is texas hold'em. 5 card draw is the most popular, easy and oldest of all the kinds of poker. in most of the poker games the winning is based on the out come of the odds of the cards in descending order (higher card is the winner card). ACE is the only card which can be used both as the most higher or most lower card as the case may be. (for example a guy gets ace-1-2-3-4 *straight* in five card draw and other guys gets the 10-J-Q-K-Ace *straight* now even though ace is used in both places latter will be the winner coz its the higer straight) Follow the link asad posted and also type "learn 5 card draw" in the search box of google to get more better idea.

for your questions..

2. How he won so huge amount of money?

he has won so much money coz he won the bracelet at world series of poker at Las Vegas which means he has won the poker tournament for which the get-in fee is 10,000 $'s and it held every years in Las Vegas.

3. Can any person play this from anywhere in the world and win some good amount of money?

a person can loose money way easily than winning. you have to be extremely good at poker to get rich.

Poker is one of the more popular card games, and it has essentially been turned into a sport. Although this guy won it in a professional tournament, you can also play poker online for real money if you wish to do so. I personally knew a bunch of people who play online on weekends and win thousands of dollars. Having said that, it is gambling. You can win a lot, and you can also lose everything. And of course you might want to stay away from it if it conflicts with your religious/moral beliefs.

Note to other members: Please don't turn this thread into a gathering for Islamic preaching. At least two people now have explained that it is a form of gambling, and if the original poster wishes not to engage in it for that reason, its at his own discretion.