Can a person earn money through?

Is it true that a person can earn money through blogs ? Does it require any type of experience or expertise ? If it is true wat are the procedures to create a blog ?

Just asking coz i read alot things about this blog stuff that it can give u a good earnings

No, you cannot earn money from a blog just for the sake of earning it.

Disclaimer: Looking at moral perspective here... Technically, you can make one, but you will lose interest sooner or later if you aren't a write-a-holic. :/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

No, you cannot earn money from a blog just for the sake of earning it.
[/quote]

I have different opinion here. One can make blog just for earning as well, but this is not possible for everyone; reason is that blogging requires bunch of abilities in you, such as

1 - Good journalistic and writing skills

2 - Extensive Research Capabilities

3 - You should know PHP

5 - Server Administration (once your traffic goes beyond the limits of shared hosting, you may have to lease and maintain a secure web server)

6 - Little networking

7 - SEO expertise

8 - Good at social networking websites

10 - and above all, you must be a quick learner

If you have these things in your mind, then you can!!!

Just select a topic that interests you most, and start blogging : - )

Any other thoughts?

^so i guess, you are earning 1000's of $'s every month with your blog....

3 - You should know PHP

7 - SEO expertise

^I don't agree with you there!

So wat u guys mean to say is that its all a scam ? u can not earn money through these things ?

secondly how many of u have ur blogs and are earning money through it

3 - You should know PHP

7 - SEO expertise

^I don’t agree with you there!

[/quote]

saad u have ur own blog so r u making some money or its just for fun ?

^Well Shoaib i have earned around 50 dollars so far (5 months) and i will get my payment when i reach 100 dollars (i am using google adsense)

Well if you are going into blogging then you must know it requires too much hard work for it to be able to earn you good amount of money.

There are other methods of earning money on internet too like affiliate marketing.

To be a good [money earning] blogger, first and foremost, you need to be a good writer and then a good marketer (not just internet marketing but better if that's included too such as SEO/SEM).

Earning from a blog isn't as easy as people make it out to be. Content is by far the most important thing, then you need networking and SEO (both so people can find your blog and follow what you're writing). Persistence and a little bit of luck are also important :D

so one shld not focus on these money earning ways ?

people have earned money from blogging and they are still earning money through it.

for me a successful blog is a one which boasts a lot of searchable content free from the boundaries of time.

You can make money from a blog - just don't depend on it happening too quick.

Expect your blog income to be low so that when it is something you can be surprised, instead of expecting a lot and being disappointed when it isn't that much. :)

You can make money from a blog - just don’t depend on it happening too quick.

Expect your blog income to be low so that when it is something you can be surprised, instead of expecting a lot and being disappointed when it isn’t that much. :)

[/quote]

well slowly but we can earn something rite ? and what are the ways to start a blog and setup everything

well slowly but we can earn something rite ? and what are the ways to start a blog and setup everything

[/quote]

There are many ways. If you don’t have hosting, domain etc. you can use Blogspot, or Wordpress.com (not .org). There are plugins that allow you to integrate advertising services (such as adsense) into your blog.

There are many ways. If you don’t have hosting, domain etc. you can use Blogspot, or Wordpress.com (not .org). There are plugins that allow you to integrate advertising services (such as adsense) into your blog.

[/quote]

if one wants to invest his time and money in these things how and from where should he collect all the info regarding these ways ? secondly which method is easy for starters

Basically im asking these questions coz i am intrested in these things so i though i shld get some help from u guys i waste alot of time just reading info and downloading so wanted to do something intresting and creative

^Well Shoaib i have earned around 50 dollars so far (5 months) and i will get my payment when i reach 100 dollars (i am using google adsense)

Well if you are going into blogging then you must know it requires too much hard work for it to be able to earn you good amount of money.

There are other methods of earning money on internet too like affiliate marketing.

[/quote]

I and My friend maintain a few blogs… and we are earning more than ten thousand per month for many months now. First Month , it was like sixty dollars but after a few months we have reached to almost two hundred dollars per month. This month we received a sum of Rs. 14200 from Google. So you can make money from blogs. But you need to have a knowledge of SEO and Quick Learning . A bit of HTML is required for sure. Other than this… Hardwork .

I and My friend maintain a few blogs… and we are earning more than ten thousand per month for many months now. First Month , it was like sixty dollars but after a few months we have reached to almost two hundred dollars per month. This month we received a sum of Rs. 14200 from Google. So you can make money from blogs. But you need to have a knowledge of SEO and Quick Learning . A bit of HTML is required for sure. Other than this… Hardwork .

[/quote]

Can u explain wat is SEO and wat is the first step in starting up a blog coz i want to earn something like u do would appreciate ur help