Can a 7 or 8 character password be cracked in just few minutes?

Ever heard that a 7 or 8 word password can be cracked in minutes? Now even longer passwords are not safe. There are tools that take benefit of the speed of CPUs and GPUs, which crack password in seconds and minutes.

Read more at : How easy is to crack your password?

I don't believe it, it takes too long if use these kind of softwares.

I cracked his Password with his given software

[quote=“armada, post:3, topic:14731”]

I cracked his Password with his given software

[/quote]

My password for google is 8 words long and it takes atleast 18 minutes with state of art ATI 6990 to crack it.

would you like me to post it here B)

[quote=“armada, post:5, topic:14731”]

would you like me to post it here B)

[/quote]

Tell me in secret via a message. If its right than you can have a title: hacking guru! :lol:

Not so easy. Developers already have been using salts with password hashing techniques which makes a brute force very time consuming. These techniques use rainbow tables which are only valid when hashes are created without creating random salts.

That's apart from the fact that most systems would have brute force protection in place with time limits; at least they already do in web apps.

P.S. they also list web apps like forum softwares (IPB, vBulletin etc.). However, they don't mention that they need the database to brute force the existing hashes. Obviously they can't have that database without finding other system exploits first.

[quote=“Asad_N, post:7, topic:14731”]

Not so easy. Developers already have been using salts with password hashing techniques which makes a brute force very time consuming. These techniques use rainbow tables which are only valid when hashes are created without creating random salts.

[/quote]

:mellow:

Too much salt can lead to increased blood pressure. After reading above post, it seems that salt can lead to increased blood pressure of hackers as well!

windows passwords can be easily cracked in a second using lsadump

i have never been hacked, it's easy,

paulkenty@hotmail.co.uk

facebook: paulkenty@hotmail.co.uk (paul kent)