Cablenet vs. Dsl/wireless

Wimax and dsl have brought revolutionary changes in the market. When are cable net providers going to offer attractive packages and improved services to attract customers..

Which one would you rather pick in the present ISP..Wireless/dsl or Cable ?And why?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Wimax and dsl have brought revolutionary changes in the market. When are cable net providers going to offer attractive packages and improved services to attract customers…

Which one would you rather pick in the present ISP…Wireless/dsl or Cable ?And why?

[/quote]

wireless/dsl coz there are no downtimes and i would get dedicated bandwidth unlike cable nets where the bandwidth is shared

plus i will get public ip of my own

i would go with dsl coz there are alot of good qualtiy providers

i wudnt go with wireless coz either u go with wateen which is just a crappy service or u go with GPRS/EDGE which is too slow

and also with wireless there is also alot of lag that is higher ping times

i would take anything (other than wat i m using now) available in my area........

i would take anything (other than wat i m using now) available in my area…
[/quote]

what do u use now?

Wired will always be better than wireless.

And those who say wireless will provide dedicated bandwidth, please tell me as how thats possible?

Wired will always be better than wireless.

And those who say wireless will provide dedicated bandwidth, please tell me as how thats possible?

[/quote]

wireless can provide dedicated bandwidth put whether or not it is offered in pakistan is a diffrent story

what do u use now?

[/quote]

dialup man…

dialup man…

[/quote]

dont worry buddy i have been there

and believe it or not even on dial up i used torrents

took me days to download a movie

[/quote]

u downloaded a movie? and on dial up…that is actually not believable. the most higher thing i downloaded was an audio music album size around 80mb…

took me days.

It took 15 minutes to download 1MB on dialup :D 1GB is something to download,so never ever try to download a movie on dialup :D

u downloaded a movie? and on dial up…that is actually not believable. the most higher thing i downloaded was an audio music album size around 80mb…

took me days.

[/quote]

i know its insane but i actually did it it took me 4 days continous

took me days.

[/quote]

i know its insane but i actually did it it took me 4 days continous

wat was ur average download speed and any idea how may seeders were there.

you know wat i just realized, this thread is about cablenet vs dsl and we are talking abt dial up....

hhhhhaaaa...wat the hell.....

wat was ur average download speed and any idea how may seeders were there.

you know wat i just realized, this thread is about cablenet vs dsl and we are talking abt dial up…

hhhhhaaaa…wat the hell…

[/quote]

my average download speed was like 4 KBps and there were alot of seeders coz it was an aXXo torrent

[/quote]

I have done that too…On dialup and on GPRS . Warid/Mobilink…

I used emule…24/7. Loadshedding slowed the downloads but I downloaded some very good movies from the 60s,like The Time Machine and Come September…

Broadband was not avilable in my area then,Paknet unlimited for 600+ rupees was the best once and then I discovered the unlimited gprs package… I still remember,around a year and a half back it rained and the phone line was really crappy. So I tried using GPRS on my pc using SE pc suite,it worked and I used it for just less then a year till I switched to Wateen.

I think unlimited gprs is the best option for users with high usage with no broadband in their area …

what handset did you use and did you use to plug your set with computer all the time.......what was the download speed.

U know i m up there with u insane guys becoz i also used to download full english movies, latest ones. Tmd Cam movies. And i always took me 4 to 5 days to download a movie From Kazaa, then after that Dc plus plus.., then Ares.. and then now i have got Emule. and its a nice p2p khachar :)... and i downloaded atleast 100 movies on this dialup. The biggest file which i downloaded was a 1 gb file which was gta vice city. but it didnt worked for me and i was sooo pissed off. coz it took me about a half a month.. so after that i went to the market to get a 3 cd . and it worked :) jus for 90 rupees...

M i INsane or wat

what handset did you use and did you use to plug your set with computer all the time…what was the download speed.
[/quote]

I started off with SE W810i. If you use data cable,pc charges it slowly,but if you ur using p2p with gprs it won’t last the whole night. And if it goes dead while transmitting data it won’t get charged beshak subah tak laga rahey…

I then turned to infra red port,that way you can charge it and use it as a modem all the time.And yes I used to plug my set to pc all the time(as in a lot).

Then i discovered even older and cheaper cell phone had the infrared modem option and I started using Nokia 6020…

Download speed veried between 3-6 kbytes/sec. I used to have the one three or two six upload to download tratio on emule…

And NO you can not recieve calls while your downloading at full speed,sometimes when you are surfing casually you might be able to recieve a call but almost never on full speed…