Cable signal issue - Help required

I recently had cable installed on my house and bought a 3 way splitter and a 57 meter cable so I can watch cable on 2 TV's/TV Tuner at the same time. Now the problem is that the signal and reception on the TV one which the cable wala installed it is ok, but the 2nd TV doesn't get that clear signals for certain channels. And when I plug the cable I bought into my TV Tuner, I get only a handful of channels after a thorough channels scan. I decided to try and plug in the cable which the cable wala installed into my TV Tuner instead of the one I bought and with that one I could see many more channels. Its all confusing me. Please help me understand what is the issue and how to I rectify it.

Is the 57 meter cable I bought faulty or too long or is the splitter giving problems? Or if the TV tuner somehow cant handle all these channels? Would buying an amplifier help solve this issue? Please help

I have the same problem at home. Three TVs are running on one cable (cable is coming towards home which is then split between 3 TVs). It results in very poor reception. No idea what to do.

69 views and no help? :(

buy cable Signal amplifier it will boost the signal and reception 1+3 cable signal amplfier 300-400 Rs 1+4 for 600-700 Rs u can get it from Regal Market.

25qsuno.jpg

Signal amplifier is a gud answer but it won't help your cause alone. As description of your problem clearly identifies that your main connection is working properly however the one you have done urself is not fine. So that means the bucks you spent on buying your own cable from market is a first problem. I am using cable provided by suntv and it's such a brilliant quality cable that it provides clear reception till the end. Cauz if your first tv is getting good reception then ur others must also be doing good. So try change the cable and then go for signal amplifier cauz main thing is your cable and i have a reason to believe that your cable is the problem.

Thanks both Sam33r and Santa Cruz. I'm planning to buy a new better quality cable and an amplifier. Cable I had to buy a new one anyway for a different TV so it would not be a loss. Will report the results of the expedition in this thread.

I bought this Chinese "signal booster". After introducing

this variable into the mix, instead of boosting signals, my

channel line-up reduced by half.

With signal booster 27 channels. Without signal booster

50 channels. This signal booster was a bust!

It turns out that a signal booster will only work in a pre-

defined and specific frequency range. Anything falling out

of range, will have it's signal weakened, instead of being

strengthened! So before you buy a signal booster, make

sure it's in your cable's working frequency range.

Sheikh 'Buyer Beware' Chilli

^Yup I tried signal booster for worldcall digital tv reception and like in your case last two frequencies got blank and other frequencies signal instead of boosting went down and i returned it straight away. The reason for this poor behaviour of signal booster is that frequency range worldcall actually uses for digital channels is not in the range of signal booster rather it will reduce the reception of last frequencies which are coming better from source. Cable operator in my area has just recently installed a high frequency range amplifier which is specially designed for digital cable and signal strength is almost 95% for all eight frequencies even for the last frequency as well which was in the previous case used to be hardly upto 40%. So because of better amplifier all frequencies are boosted and signal is perfect.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^Yup I tried signal booster for worldcall digital tv reception and like in your case last two frequencies got blank and other frequencies signal instead of boosting went down and i returned it straight away. The reason for this poor behaviour of signal booster is that frequency range worldcall actually uses for digital channels is not in the range of signal booster rather it will reduce the reception of last frequencies which are coming better from source. Cable operator in my area has just recently installed a high frequency range amplifier which is specially designed for digital cable and signal strength is almost 95% for all eight frequencies even for the last frequency as well which was in the previous case used to be hardly upto 40%. So because of better amplifier all frequencies are boosted and signal is perfect.
[/quote]

How do you measure signal strength ?

In my case i have digital cable receiver which provides info bar of signal strength of frequencies that worldcall is using for digital cable. However in case of cable operators they have a small device which they connect the cable with it to check the signal strength in order to ensure whether one will be able to watch digital channels. Digital channels are dependable on atleast 25% signal of any given frequency to ensure smooth viewing otherwise scrambling and no signal issues will arise. So far in Islamabad digital cable has not got popularity yet or may have been a flop and the major reason for that is the infrastructure. Most of the areas are yet to be powered with fiber optic and almost 80-90% areas are not equipped with high power modern amplifiers that are must to ensure complete digital cable reception and coverage. According to my findings worldcall digital tv hasn't been a success so far and the way it has got popularity in khi and lhr it;s not the case here. That is the same reason why webcom has failed to get through. So let's see how things progress but i am hoping that we tooo get dth atleast one.

Today my cablewala changed the old cable woth a new one.

According to him its fiber, although I see it as copper. Any way to distinguish it?

He says soons he gonna start digital cable on this network and will provide his own specific box. Lets see what comes out.

I am having an Echolink888 super plus receiver. Will it be possible t watch digital cable on this existing box? I think no.

Will the device be a specific one or we can use another device with it?

As told on different forums that it will be able to give 200 channels, is it correct?

My cable wala is not giving any Indian channels. Please provide a link where I could see the pemras allowed list of channels. I will select my channels and will ask the cable wala to bring those channels.

^^^ First of all the receiver you mentioned is for receiving DVB-S (satellite) signals only so it wont be any help. The receiver that cable wala provide wil be a DVB-C (cable) standard and any receiver with this standard shud work unless signal is not encrypted, means as long as channels are free to air any DVB-C receiver can be used, after the encryption cable wala will provide you the smart card and things will be smooth again.

Secondly optical cable remains outside of house, it never hooks to your TV or digital box directly. optical connector looks something like this:

Ftth-Fiber-Optic-Cable.jpg

Here is the list of channels authorised by PEMRA:

http://pemra.gov.pk/announcments/Attention_General_Public.pdf