Buying a small Stabilizer

I am looking to buy a small stabilizer for my modem and wireless router. The cheapest and best possible solution would be appreciated.. Any other tidbits or information would be helpful also because my power fluctuates a lot.. Any ideas as to what would be a good market or person to contact would be good too.

P.S I have no idea about the prices so help there would be great too.

panda stabilizer is a good choice , u need to connect this stab with ur wifi router and the modem only ? if this is the case , smallest stab will b ok for this like of 300VA or 500VA .

must chk tht the stab is having SERVO motor.

Yes .. just need it for router and wifi .. How much is the said smallest stabilizer worth? around ?

P.S also looking for a laptop cooler or something .. anyone heard of the oil cooled one? any comments would be great

PM GOLD STABILIZER 500-VA SERVO MOTOR (ONE YEAR WARRANTY)

1250 Rs

from galaxy

any phone numbers or address would be appreciated

www.galaxy.com.pk

I bought POMA Model PVSL 1000 from galaxy 2 months back and so far its working fine. At one time, I have attached my CPU, LCD, Mobile Charger, Blue Tooth Charger and Laptop via extension board... and it works fine

Thanks

Thank you guys .. I called them up and they said they had a 500v one for 1000 bucks ... does that have a servo?

I wanted to find out if there is such a thing as a DRY UPS with a built in stabilizer of sort for sale in Karachi. Need to run my modem and wifi .. and if it permits a cordless telephone ..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I wanted to find out if there is such a thing as a DRY UPS with a built in stabilizer of sort for sale in Karachi. Need to run my modem and wifi … and if it permits a cordless telephone …
[/quote]

yes it is available , any good ups with dry batteries has abuilin stabilizer , i m also using the same. i have ENEL power ups. 600va i bought it i think a year back 6000 Rs.

How long do you think it will last with my requirements of just a wifi and modem? Where did you purchase yours from? thank you for reply . helps me out a lot ..

a dry ups normally last 15-20 mins .. im using APC smart ups 1000 VA .... and it has 2 batteries .. 7 volts each .. gives me about 15 mins .. enough time to turn on backup power or safely turn off my computer ...

^^ depends on the combined wattage of the wifi router and modem if it is under 60 watts then a 350 watt UPS will run the modem plus router for around an hour

true .. i use the UPS on 50 percent load ... and it gives me a good 15 mins ..

^^ depends on the combined wattage of the wifi router and modem if it is under 60 watts then a 350 watt UPS will run the modem plus router for around an hour
[/quote]

How much will a 500watt dry ups cost? Do the battery’s degrade with time faster with a dry setup than a liquid battery? I have a laptop that can hold charge for 2 hours … Looking to have my internet not interupt with a power outage… even with a UPS my modem disconnects and then turns back on … Would be open to suggestions …

^ galaxy sells a 600 watt alfa digital dry battery UPS for 7800

@forcetrip .. the modem might be disconnecting because of your adapter that powers the modem... look at the adapter's sticker... if it is 230 or 240 v then u have a problem.. the adapter that came with my modem was 230v and whenever there was low voltage or spikes in the power.. the modem would disconnect ... and then re sync... i bought an adapter which was multi voltage 100-240v and the problem was gone ... i suggest you try that .. though keep an eye for the output too .. u need the same DC output as ur original adapter...

@forcetrip … the modem might be disconnecting because of your adapter that powers the modem… look at the adapter’s sticker… if it is 230 or 240 v then u have a problem… the adapter that came with my modem was 230v and whenever there was low voltage or spikes in the power… the modem would disconnect … and then re sync… i bought an adapter which was multi voltage 100-240v and the problem was gone … i suggest you try that … though keep an eye for the output too … u need the same DC output as ur original adapter…
[/quote]

beware tht multi voltage adopter could fry your modem ! if not of a good quality !

good quality means an adopter having a regulator built in !

Im looking to have internet during power outages .. The previous post I was having ISP issues .. that problem has been taken care of .. so no fluctuations with internet connections anymore .. thank you all for your posts .. But my modem is a power hog and has a huge adapter suggesting it does require a bit of kick .. more than the previous modems with the small adapters .. the modem im talking about is a huawei .. from ptcl .. I have the same setup at my office with a UPS and it kicks off everytime the power goes and comes .. So I think that it could be the adapter.. So for my house I just want to setup so that I dont have that problem as I have at work .. uninterrupted internet .. any suggestions on that ?

oh thats the huawei !

no dear it wont go no matter u will change the adopter , the problem is with the modem itself and there is a way you can fix that but need a lil perfection in this , i had the same modem and the prob was there , i use every typo adopter but all in vain , you need to put a 24 v 100 microfarad capacitor where the modem pin is inserted in the modem and when the power lag will come the capacitor will work like a reservior and provide the feedback and in this way it wont get reset.

i had tht technique and it was a success. now i m using another modem