Buying a new desktop computer

I have a range of about 35k. I only need a CPU. What is the best I can get?

I need the following:

- Motherboard

- Processor

- RAM

- DVD Player

- Graphics Card for gaming

--how big is the monitor (17 inch, 20 inch ???) which you want to game on...

--what kind of games do you need play on it?

--what about hard disk and a good casing...do you already have these parts?

when you have answered these questions we can help you a little better in suggesting a good pc for you.

Motherboard: ASRock H61M-HVGS Rs. 5,500 from iamextreme

Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 Rs. 10,800 from iamextreme

RAM: G.SKILL NT 4GB for Rs. 1,950 from iamextreme

DVD Player: Samsung DVD-RW for Rs. 1,750 from iamextreme

Graphics Card: Sparkle GTX 550Ti for Rs. 12,500 from iamextreme or HIS HD6790 for Rs. 14,500 from Galaxy

This is the best spec you can get in your budget and most of the items are cheaper on iamextreme. That G.SKILL RAM carries lifetime warranty while galaxy is giving 1yr on Kingston value RAM.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

This PC has been built by Iamextreme

Asrock H61 motherboard, i3 2100 processor, G.SKILL NT RAM, Sparkle GTX 550Ti.

This image is for reference only.

[/quote]

[quote=“JunaidS, post:, topic:”]

I have a range of about 35k. I only need a CPU. What is the best I can get?

I need the following:

- Motherboard

- Processor

- RAM

- DVD Player

- Graphics Card for gaming

[/quote]

Why not buy a good (second hand) Core2Duo laptop (with good graphic card) with at least 2 hours of battery time? You can use it even in load-shedding.

[quote=“jack, post:2, topic:16937”]

–how big is the monitor (17 inch, 20 inch ???) which you want to game on…

–what kind of games do you need play on it?

–what about hard disk and a good casing…do you already have these parts?

when you have answered these questions we can help you a little better in suggesting a good pc for you.

[/quote]

1. 22 inch DELL LCD

2. Latest games like COD: MW 3

3. I have 500 GB. I assume I’ll need a new casing for the new computer.

[quote=“StrikerX, post:3, topic:16937”]

Motherboard: ASRock H61M-HVGS Rs. 5,500 from iamextreme

Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 Rs. 10,800 from iamextreme

RAM: G.SKILL NT 4GB for Rs. 1,950 from iamextreme

DVD Player: Samsung DVD-RW for Rs. 1,750 from iamextreme

Graphics Card: Sparkle GTX 550Ti for Rs. 12,500 from iamextreme or HIS HD6790 for Rs. 14,500 from Galaxy

This is the best spec you can get in your budget and most of the items are cheaper on iamextreme. That G.SKILL RAM carries lifetime warranty while galaxy is giving 1yr on Kingston value RAM.

This PC has been built by Iamextreme

Asrock H61 motherboard, i3 2100 processor, G.SKILL NT RAM, Sparkle GTX 550Ti.

This image is for reference only.

[/quote]

Thank you very much. This information was very useful. Their shop is in Pindi?

[quote=“wampyr, post:4, topic:16937”]

Why not buy a good (second hand) Core2Duo laptop (with good graphic card) with at least 2 hours of battery time? You can use it even in load-shedding.

[/quote]

For some reason, I just do not like laptops. All of my brothers have laptops but I still prefer desktop… one of the reasons is because I have a 22 inch LCD monitor. Laptops don’t have that big screen.

Oh and I forgot one of the most important things I need.. a computer UPS. Any idea how much that costs?

I will run a CPU and LCD monitor on it.. and maybe Audionic speakers.

[quote=“JunaidS, post:5, topic:16937”]

1. 22 inch DELL LCD

2. Latest games like COD: MW 3

3. I have 500 GB. I assume I’ll need a new casing for the new computer.

Thank you very much. This information was very useful. Their shop is in Pindi?

[/quote]

Yes its in Pindi, you can order online as well though. You have a 22inch LCD… I would suggest increasing your budget for a GPU since 550Ti or 6790 won’t give a good performance at 1080

[quote=“JunaidS, post:6, topic:16937”]

Oh and I forgot one of the most important things I need… a computer UPS. Any idea how much that costs?

I will run a CPU and LCD monitor on it… and maybe Audionic speakers.

[/quote]

You can’t accommodate a UPS in that budget but it would cost you about 8,000 for UPS and Rs. 8,500 for a 140 or 170AH battery (not sure).

strikerx is right...

you need to increase your budget to buy a good graphic card which could play games on a 22 inch lcd or//

you can compromise on some parts and buy a good graphic card with that money leftover.

(the budget for the ups shold be seperate).

Yeah, I know I won't be able to get a UPS in that budget so I'll have to keep the UPS budget separate. With the prices you mentioned, that would make the whole UPS around 16,000. I had 10k in mind for a UPS. How much would a GPU cost? Lol, I had no idea that screen size matters while purchasing a graphic card. I'm a total tech goof lol. What do you mean the graphic card you mentioned earlier won't be able to give a good performance at 1080p? You mean a 1080p movie?

^1080p gaming (1920x1080). GTX 550Ti and 6790 are not meant for full HD resolution. You'll have to increase your budget and get GTX 560Ti or 6950. But if you can compromise on looks than you can get the first two cards I mentioned with lowered graphics settings in games.

[quote=“JunaidS, post:5, topic:16937”]

For some reason, I just do not like laptops. All of my brothers have laptops but I still prefer desktop… one of the reasons is because I have a 22 inch LCD monitor. Laptops don’t have that big screen.
[/quote]

You should go for desktop since you are comfortable with it. However, who said you only have to use the hardware that comes within the laptop. You can easily plugin the 22-inch LCD monitor with your laptop and use it. In fact, you can have two monitor setup. Your 22-inch LCD will be your main monitor and your laptop’s LCD will be your second monitor. Trust me, it’s so fun using multiple monitors with your laptop. You can watch movies, youtube, winamp on second monitor, while programming on your main monitor. You can even use external HDDs (to increase storage) and external burners (to burner multiple discs at the same time). A proper laptop setup is a joy. Just think of laptop as your ordinary desktop and extend it. When I am in my office, I even use full external keyboard and mouse with my laptop. I extend my laptop to full fledged “super” desktop (even with large speakers). But when I have to move, I just unplug three or four cables and I carry the laptop with me (thus taking my work to home).

ok I have run through some figures and checked some websites and here you go:

My suggestion:

mobo asrock h61.......Rs. 5500 iamextreme

pro intel g620 2.6.......Rs. 5900 from market,

ram 4 gb....................G.SKILL NT 4GB for Rs. 1,950 from iamextreme

hd ...............................you already have

psu 500w....................Rs. 4100 thermaltake litepower www.czone.com.pk

case+optical drive.......Rs. 2200 you can get both (1000 normal case + 1200 second hand dvd rw)

gpu his 6850...............Rs. 17000 from www.galaxy.com.pk

total: 36650

According to a report on toms hardware (famous online website) ... the intel g620 did not bottleneck a 6850...so you are good there.

The 6850 gpu will provide you good gaming results at 1080p for most games, only very few games you will have to

turn them down a little bit.

You can ofcourse change things around however you like...