Buying a mobo for Core2duo

AoA every1

I am trying to make a custom pc of core 2 duo processor 3 ghz but I don't know which motherbard should I choose

kindly name some good Intel mobos with intel chipsets which support core 2 quad processors and have a reasonable price

thanku in advance

What is your total budget for making this custom pc. please tell us so we can suggest better options.

all core 2 duo, core 2 quad are from intel old platform, I would suggest you spend your money on the new intel core sandybridge platform which fully utilize ddr3 and are much faster then their predesesors. With the arrival of new dual core processors in the sandybridge lineup (like g620), the old core 2 duo 775 platform is defunct.

thnx for ur help

My dad's offering me upto 20,000 pkr and what socket type should I prefer

thnx

you have got to increase your budget to 23000 (for g620)-26500 (for core i3) to get the new sandybridge platform.

and also does this budget include a monitor??

(the socket type for sandybridge is 1155)

I'm going to exchange my p4 for a core2duo so i have the rest

and what is g620.I want whole cpu in 20,000 not just the mobo

thnx

I'm going to exchange my p4 for a core2duo so i have the rest

and what is g620.I want whole cpu in 20,000 not just the mobo

thnx

intel's g620 is the new processor for the sandybridge lineup, more info here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116399

the choice of motherboards available in pakistan with prices is here

http://www.galaxy.com.pk/motherboard.htm

so as i understand it... you are getting a brand new system (in warranty)by exchanging your p4 and giving 20000 extra,,,am i right???

yes u r right

i'm not trying to go for a corei3 or sandybrigde dealio just a core2duo pc which supports upto core2quad

yes u r right

i'm not trying to go for a corei3 or sandybrigde dealio just a core2duo pc which supports upto core2quad

yes u r right

[quote=“dudes95, post:9, topic:14875”]

yes u r right

i’m not trying to go for a corei3 or sandybrigde dealio just a core2duo pc which supports upto core2quad

[/quote]

What you are looking for is the fastest PC you can get in your budget, right? You haven’t mentioned what you intend to do with your computer? Is it for gaming or office work or what? Without further information this is what I came up with:

CPU Pentium dual core e5700. Rs. 5,900

RAM single 2GB kinston DDR3 stick Cost around Rs. 2,000

Motherboard Asus P5G41T-M LX Rs. 4,900

DVDRW drive. Rs 1900

Generic chinese case Rs. 2,000

Hard disk Seagate barracuda 7200.12 500GB Rs. 3,800

Total Rs. 20,500

In case you are wondering CPU architecture matters more than brand name. The Pentium dual core has the same architecture as the core2duo and the CPU I have recommended is good value for money.

well rokra bhai i'm looking for a moderate gaming pc with these specs

core 2 duo (e6000 or above) 2.8ghz (not a pentium dual core)

2gb ram

decent 512mb gpu

250gb HDD

and a mobo which supports PCIe 2.0

thnx

c2d e6 series is obsolete. ITs very old now. Also pentium dual core e5700 is faster than any of the old c2d e6000 series CPUs. Anyway your budget is too low to buy a new system with a discrete GPU. Maybe you should look at used systems?

thnx for ur help my prob is almost solved, now I have just one confusion, should I buy a mobo with pcie 16x slot or is it necessary to buy a mobo with pcie 16x 2.0 slot and does the newer gpu only run on pcie 2.0 or pcie 16x can also do the trick

The mobo I mentioned above is pcie 2.0 16x. Better to go with a pcie 2.0 supporting mobo but its not a big deal even if you go with a pcie 1.1 16x mobo. It only makes a difference with ultra high end cards. It won't matter with the budget or mainstream graphics cards.

LUNTRADER007 IS BACK WITH GREAT LUN DEMAND TO F/U/C/K THE ALL F/U/C/K/A/B/L/E/S

INTOX I AM BACK SO YOU COULD SUCK MY ROYAL D/I/C/K OH YOU CALL YOUR F/A/G/G/O/T SELF AM4TL NOW YOU F/U/C/K

I AM BACK ASAD YOU FAT F/U/C/K

ALL YOU NOOBS BOW DOWN TO LUNTRADER'S ROYAL LUN.

THIS IS JUST TO LET ALL, THAT LUNTRADER WILL MESS YOU ALL UP, LOT COMING LASTER ON............ STAY TUNED

INTOX I AM BACK SO YOU COULD SUCK MY ROYAL D/I/C/K OH YOU CALL YOUR F/A/G/G/O/T SELF AM4TL NOW YOU F/U/C/K

THIS IS JUST TO LET ALL, THAT LUNTRADER WILL MESS YOU ALL UP, LOT COMING LASTER ON............ STAY TUNED

well I viewed your mobo on manufacturer's site and its only pcie x16 not a 2.0 but it seems a pretty decent mobo (u know a x4500 onboard gpu seems a good deal) I want to know whether a core2duo mobo supports pcie2.0 or not cuz many shop dealers in Rawalpindi's market said that if I want to get a pcie 2.0 mobo I shall have to go for a corei3 and will a pcie2.0 gpu work on a 1.0 aka 16x slot

thnx

I will repeat below what I wrote above:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It only makes a difference with ultra high end cards. It won't matter with the budget or mainstream graphics cards.

[/quote]

So stop worrying.