Burning Motherboard need help!

Hi all!

i need advice regarding my mobo,lately i turned my pc off after a day of continuous running but next day when i tried to turn it on there was no response, i removed the cpu cover and found that the LAN slot along with 2 usb ports and all near by chips and internet cable were burnt badly, i m not use to keep my pc on 24/7 i did it only once with the above consequences,my specifications r as follows:

2.4Ghz, Biostar P4M80 M4, 768Mb ram, 350watt supply, 1 tv tuner, 1 modem, ATI 9600pro

guys pl tell me what could be the problem? is it just cheap mobo or some weird signal from my cable wala caused this!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi all!

i need advice regarding my mobo,lately i turned my pc off after a day of continuous running but next day when i tried to turn it on there was no response, i removed the cpu cover and found that the LAN slot along with 2 usb ports and all near by chips and internet cable were burnt badly, i m not use to keep my pc on 24/7 i did it only once with the above consequences,my specifications r as follows:

2.4Ghz, Biostar P4M80 M4, 768Mb ram, 350watt supply, 1 tv tuner, 1 modem, ATI 9600pro

guys pl tell me what could be the problem? is it just cheap mobo or some weird signal from my cable wala caused this!

[/quote]

yeah somethin cud have been from the LAN cable that came into the LAN card like high voltage or it cud be the fault of ur PSU if it is a cheap chinese one

^^ what is PSU??

^^ what is PSU??
[/quote]

power supply unit it supplies power to diffrent parts of ur computer like the mobo hard drives disc drives and stuff like that

psu = 350 watt power supply in your case.

no i've already replaced it two weeks before when i had the same no response problem from motherboard back than i had 250watt psu which was came with the case but now i've changed it with the 350watt one, cost me 1000!

no i’ve already replaced it two weeks before when i had the same no response problem from motherboard back than i had 250watt psu which was came with the case but now i’ve changed it with the 350watt one, cost me 1000!
[/quote]

what periphals do u have attached to ur computer like what grafix card and hard drive and stuff like that

well forget everything now. get a new motherboard!

it can be a power surge or rare case thunder. any of these is enough to burn everything. are you sure your hd, ram, graphic card etc etc are ok? imo go check them out and you may be about to get a new shock.

it can be a power surge or rare case thunder. any of these is enough to burn everything. are you sure your hd, ram, graphic card etc etc are ok? imo go check them out and you may be about to get a new shock.

[/quote]

yeah it happened to me once 2

3 years back i was usin dial up when i suddenly i heard lightening and at that exact moment my mobo fried turns out the lightening fell on the phone lines and thats why my mobo died

haha you got owned man :lol:

[/quote]

yeah actually i m thinking of buying a whole new rig, but i m curious just because of my cable wala, if he was doing something or not,b/c i have been a big pain in his a** since i joined connect ;)

yeah actually i m thinking of buying a whole new rig, but i m curious just because of my cable wala, if he was doing something or not,b/c i have been a big pain in his a** since i joined connect ;)

[/quote]

maybe he connected your cat5e cable to a power socket!

conspiracy

maybe he connected your cat5e cable to a power socket!

conspiracy

[/quote]

u cud test usin a volt meter or somethin to see if the voltage is normal

what if his volt meter gets owned? :lol:

biostar = budget brand... If u read the reviews on google u;ll find most of their boards fail after a certain time, some of their boards dont even turn on for the first time, running a budget board like that 24x7 is not a good idea :$

dude bad luck.... buy a new 1.....

no way to have stopd tht if it really was a power surge... no electronic device can support high voltages.....

Use a 1000W stabilizer with your PC. It will save precious

equipment from turning into scrap.

Sheikh 'Universal Brand' Chilli

i would also suggest a surge protector,,,its a delay switch for 300 rs which trips in case of fluctuation or power surge, and in case of electricity, the circuit inside gets burned and shuts everything of. The circuit can easily be replaced then. better to spend 300 rs then replace the whole computer for 1000s of rs.

jack,

i would also suggest a surge protector,its a delay switch for 300 rs which trips in case of fluctuation or power surge, and in case of electricity, the circuit inside gets burned and shuts everything of. The circuit can easily be replaced then. better to spend 300 rs then replace the whole computer for 1000s of rs.

jack,

[/quote]

where to get it in karachi?

i don't know but theres a small device attached to our fridge.. it trips if any thing else normal happens. and after light comes back it doesn't switch itself on for 3 min, intelligent! knowing the damn ways of our wapda!