BT Home Hub 2.0A on PTCL DSL

AoA everyone

i have a new BT Home HuB 2.0A modem router. i like its shape thats why i bought it.

these hubs are locked to BT but i managed to unlock it successfully and it accepts my username and password other than BT@btinternet.com.

The problem is that it connects to dsl line and shows stats of line but as PPPoA whereas ptcl is PPPoE.

i have changed the default vci/vpi to 0/103 via USER.INI. but even then broadband doesnt connect.

can anone plz help with ppoe settings.

Hello!

Though there probably is an easier way to do it (via GUI/Wizard), but, currently mine is sitting in the closet ... so you'll have to use the CLI (it's preferred anyhow)

- Assuming you have telnet access to the Thomson CLI with appropriate user priviledges:

Optional: You may delete all current interfaces for the PPPoA ... in reverse order of creation as below

Note: You may also use the 'menu'! Also TAB works for autofill!

Phonebook entry and ATM config

1. atm phonebook add name=RtPPPoE_ph addr=0.103 (replace with your VPI.VCI)

2. atm ifadd intf=RtPPPoE_atm

3. atm ifconfig intf=RtPPPoE_atm dest=RtPPPoE_ph ulp=mac

4. atm ifattach intf=RtPPPoE_atm

Ethernet bridge (PPPoEoA)

5. eth ifadd intf=RtPPPoE_eth

6. eth ifconfig intf=RtPPPoE_eth dest=RtPPPoE_atm

7. eth ifattach intf=RtPPPoE_eth

PPP

8. ppp ifadd intf=RtPPPoE

9. ppp rtadd intf=RtPPPoE dst=0.0.0.0/0

10. ppp ifconfig intf=RtPPPoE dest=RtPPPoE_eth user=dslusername password=dslpassword

NAT enabled before attaching

11. nat ifconfig intf=RtPPPoE translation=enabled

12. ppp ifattach intf=RtPPPoE

Don't forget to save

13. saveall

(Typos excepted)

Source: Thomson/SpeedTouch CLI configuration Manual(s)

Regards,

Ahmed

Thnx for the input. but i managed to do it yesterday through hit and trial in USER.INI file. i had to enter entries in PPP.INI section as well as eth.ini.

The only problem i face now is that it says login required on my mobile devices. but if i forget and rejoin the network then it goes away.

my laptop keeps working fine.

btw i like the even coverage of the hub.

Hello Again!

Good that it works for you ... and yes its a nice router indeed ... quite configurable once you get to the CLI

Regards,

Ahmed

AOA,

I have unlocked bt home hub 3.0 A. DSL line connects. but settings are PPPOA and 0/38. So internet can not connect unless i change these.

There is no such option in GUI to change VPI VCI etc.

How can i access user.ini?

Should i edit it in place? or copy>edit>restore?

I tried telnet 192.168.1.254 but it does not connect.

Please guide.

any one tell me how I can change user name of bt home 2.0b in detail

anyone tell me how I can change bthomehub 2b username and used it as ptcl broadband

Hello!

[quote="sheraz22, post:6, topic:21135"]

any one tell me how I can change user name of bt home 2.0b in detail

[/quote]

You have to 'un-lock' it (may involve flashing firmware ... so there is risk of bricking) by following guides online! I'll probably do a writeup about my experience of the process (successful) but this router's turn may come later!

Regards,

Ahmed

Hello Again!

Here is some info I compiled together for the BT Home Hub v1 and v1.5:

http://ahmedfarazch.blogspot.com/2015/04/bt-home-hub-v1-and-v15-12-info-unlock.html#more

I'll try to add similar info for v2 and v3 when I get some more time!

Regards,

Ahmed

Hi!

Finally, I've put together most of the info to use the BT Home Hub v2 Type A as an ADSL Wireless Router:

http://ahmedfarazch.blogspot.com/2015/10/bt-home-hub-v2-type-info-unlock.html

I'll be adding some more info as well soon!

Regards,

Ahmed

I have bt home hub 5 type A .can i use this with ptcl net