Browsing with mobilin gprs

Dear brothers, i am in a problem; when i start browsing through mobile on laptop, incoming calls not received. What should i do. i can not carry two mobile sets with me all the time. pl guide with low cost solution Rashidbashir 0300-8730240

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dear brothers, i am in a problem; when i start browsing through mobile on laptop, incoming calls not received. What should i do. i can not carry two mobile sets with me all the time. pl guide with low cost solution Rashidbashir 0300-8730240
[/quote]

I don’t know, I never faced such problem. I had used Sony Ericsson’s sets and now I am using Nokia N73ME but I always get calls and SMS when I am connected to GPRS. Same thing on Mobilink and Telenor’s connection.

I can’t understand why you don’t get calls when you are connected to GPRS.

EDIT: Sorry, I wrote it wrong. I have N73ME. Typo.

Most Nokia sets cannot receive calls when connected to GPRS in tethered mode. This was the case with the Nokia N73 and N9300 last I checked.

i am using it on sony ericsson . i can use my mobile call and receive while using net on pc .

i think you should try temporary change ur mobile set. borrow from ur friend and then check if it works. if yes then go for SE

well its actually a mobile phone limitation. I am using Sony ERicsson K750i ...and while using GPRS , i cant receive SMS/calls when i am fully using the GPRS (i.e. download files at full speed). I do receive sms/calls momentarily while GPRS is on, when load on GPRS decreses (i.e. data rate slows down) ... so if you get a phone that let u receive calls / sms while GPRS on, go for that sort of phone. i cant really point out, as my knowledge is a bit limited on such kind phones.

yes.. its a data congestion problem..if u are not browsing or using GPRS at low speed then u will get calls.. if u are using near to maximum GPRS speed u will get sms get thru.. and if u r using at full speed then u wont get calls or sms ..

its all about how do u use ur mobile GPRS connection.

Its very expensive to use the GPRS in Computer. Nearly RS 80 Per Hour or even more.

@HussanAli,

there isn't a constant amount they charge per hour caz they charge on volume basis. Still, GPRS isn't costly at all if you opt for a PostPaid connection and then get the Unlimited GPRS package offered with Postpaid connections, costs you b/w 700-1000 Rs/month for the whole thing. Ufone,Mobilink,Waird,Telenor, all are offering such services.

When you using cell phone to browse on PC than cell become modem and stop working as cell phone. That is the reason it stop working like cell phone. And you get call or sms when gprs stop temporarily.

Basically it depends on your data usage..If you are using full pipe of bandwidth then your cell phone will not work..if you are just using few kbs just for little browsing or checking emails then you will get the call but if you are downloading something which is using full bandwidth pipe then your calling function will not work.GPRS is very cheap if you are on postpaid connection.I have unlimited gprs plan for like 500 rs per month and it's very good.When i am traveling i just hook it up with my laptop and it is most reliable connection even more then my dsl because it never goes down.

prs stop te

When you using cell phone to browse on PC than cell become modem and stop working as cell phone. That is the reason it stop working like cell phone. And you get call or sms when gprs stop temporarily.
[/quote]

its not the case. i can use gprs and call and sms simultaniously on my sony ericsson k 608

its not the case. i can use gprs and call and sms simultaniously on my sony ericsson k 608

[/quote]

You mean, using gprs for browsing on PC and while upload/download is going on and u get sms and call?

What is the average download speed on Ufone GPRS?

Is this a phone dependent limitation?

I mean, do cell phones exist which can separately utlize GSM and GPRS signals? I have Ufone on SE K550i and my GSM stops working when GPRS is in usage.